People are weird...

As you all know, Lon and I are married only by common law, but we take it as serious as a real marriage primarily because of Alan. I don't have a ring yet, and we don't plan on actually getting married for a year or two. This is simply because we do have a son and very little money to spend on such expensive things as of current. But when I tell people this, they always tell me to just go out and quickly elope or just get married at the courthouse now. Well, I don't want to do that because even though we don't have the money now, it doesn't mean that we don't want to have a wedding at all. Why should I have to just "get married now" and not have my own girly wedding? What's so important about being married that it can't wait until my husband and I can afford it? I'm still am a girl who has her specific ideas and plans for her dream wedding, and I am determined to make that happen. If this means that I have to save up for two or three years (or even five years if I had to) until I can afford to have a nice formal wedding, then I'm going to do it. I think us being married by common law is enough of a commitment for Lon and I to be in for Alan's sake. And we both are more committed to being his parents right now than anything. We understand that our relationship status should not effect how we treat each other around Alan. When we are with him, we are mom and dad first, then husband and wife. Isn't that the most important thing?

In effort to not have this post be an entire whining session, I will now disclose some of my ideas for my dream wedding lol. Ooh, exciting! :P

I want Lon and I to preferably get married in the Yellowstone National Park, at the Fairy Falls. We will most likely have a small wedding party of four bridesmaids and groomsmen and a small guest list of maybe twenty, thirty people. I want to find a shorter wedding dress so that I can stand in the shallow water for the ceremony, not in white (for obvious traditional reasons lol) but maybe a light yellow or blue. My bridesmaids will be in deep plum dresses and the groomsmen will have plum ties. I want a combination of my favorite flowers and our three birth flowers in my bouquet- larkspurs, asters, marigolds, roses and sunflowers. The bridesmaids will only hold tall sunflowers. Only Lon, Alan, the priest and I will stand in water and I want Alan involved in the ceremony too. We're thinking of buying him a engraved ring, that he could wear on a chain until he is older. Because I like the idea of the marriage being symbolic of the family becoming one eternally. Afterwards, I like the idea of having the reception at on e of the many campsites, under a huge tent or something.

Now that seems like not a lot,  but I want everything perfect (and who can blame me?) and so it will take time lol. So please, all you people just bear with me. In time, it will happen and it will be beautiful. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011