The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 38

I know its a day late, but yesterday was the fourth lol! :P

And no, I haven't had her yet. Despite how ready I am currently lol. Its been in the hundreds this past week and Tuesday it was even reading 107 degrees in some places! Way too hot for me right now! I have my midwife appointment today and they are redrawing my blood because the iron test I had last week came up inconclusive due to the blood not being drawn properly or something. Ugh lol.

Here is this week's Pregnancy Post! Only two more weeks left!











How far along: 38 weeks and 4 days

Size of Baby: Almost 7 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long or the size of a leek

Developments of Baby: Baby girl is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. Not too much else is happening, except for preparation of delivery day!

Weight Gain: Thirteen pounds still! :D 

Belly Button In or Out: Pretty much out now. :/

Maternity Clothes: Hardly any this time around still. Just work pants and jeans really. I think I own two pairs of maternity pants, one pair of shorts and three maternity shirts. Everything else is my regular clothing! In fact, I wanted to do the cute "Wear your old jeans and leave them unbuttoned" thing for my maternity pictures but I actually still can fully fit into my jeans completely lol... So that was faked for the pictures. :P

Morning Sickness: Pretty much every morning this week but not if I can avoid the heat. Haven't had too much luck with that though.

Stretch Marks: Thankfully nothing new has been found. Anna has dropped now, so I am hoping the stretch marking time is over lol! 

Labor Signs: Anna is really low and I have slight pelvic stretching pains. She is also still head down, which is awesome. I am still getting those lovely Braxton Hicks contractions. Then of course, those four hours of every four minute contractions that I had last week. Ugh. Oh and all that nesting lol. Its driving my mom crazy. :P 

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: She is always moving and it is almost always a little painful now. You're running out of room, girlie! Be a little nicer to your mama! Please! :P

Sleep: Sleep is whatever lately. I can't even get comfortable anymore. Blah!

Best Moment This Week: My maternity pictures on the Rims with Jenelle!

What I miss: Still not feeling nauseous or sick. Being able to see and touch my feet lol. You know, same old, same old.

Food Cravings: Dr. Pepper, Soft serve ice cream, Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: My husband's beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, french fries or tator tots, pasta and most similar carbs, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!) and light Braxton Hicks contractions, slight pelvic pains, nesting

What I’m looking forward to: Holding Anna in my arms! That's about it right now! I want her out lol!

What I'm not looking forward to: More blood draws this week. Grr almost makes me want to be mad at the nurse, but she is soooo nice lol!

Here are my belly pictures, taken in my cute outfit from yesterday. :)

38 weeks and 2 days


I have an exciting announcement to make! This morning at 12:31 am, my wonderful WTE Belly Buddy Nicole had her baby girl Gracie! :D Happy birthday princess! I don't think I have ever mentioned my Belly Buddy on here before but she's basically someone in the WTE September 2009 community that has her due date close to mine. Hers was the 14th of July. :) Anyways, we have supported each other throughout this pregnancy and now I am celebrating the arrival of her daughter! Hopefully Miss Anna takes a cue from her Belly Buddy Gracie and comes soon as well! Keep your fingers crossed! And congratulations to Nicole and her family!

Another thing lol, as of yesterday I am at 28,000 page views. Its been less than a month and you all have been such great readers! Thank you for continuing to follow my blog, even if it has slacked a little due to the end of my pregnancy. :D I really appreciate it! Remember, if you liked this post and this blog, please click on the link below to vote for my blog at Top Baby Blogs. I am now currently at Number 211, but it would be the coolest to get down to 150 or lower before Anna arrived.... Thanks to everyone who is voting for me!  You are all awesome!



Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011