Five Question Friday!! July 27, 2012

I figured I would do a FQF this week, because its been since Anna was born that I have done one I think lol. Oh well, chalk that up to being a SAHM mom of two lol. But I miss reading Mama M's posts and I sure miss participating in this fun link up, so here we go!

Here's this week's Five Question Friday! Enjoy everyone!






What is the funniest thing you saw on Facebook/twitter this week?

I see a lot of funny things on my FB, as I have a ton of friends who have hilarious children lol. But to pick the funniest? That's pretty hard.

Let's see, I had a friend's daughter who sang this song (can you see how she toddler-fied it lol):
"Hey, I just met you and this is crazy. But here's my number, so call me baby. And all the alphabets try to chase me, but here's my number so call me baby!"

Or this post from a friend, about what her daughter said to her:
‎"Mommy, mommy! You so boo-y-ful! You my FAVORITE toad. Can you ribbet like a toad? Can you, can you? Please, please?"

Yeah, I always get a good chuckle going on my FB. :)

What is your favorite Olympic event?

Wait... The Olympics are this year???

Yeah, that's about how into the Olympics I am this year. I have been so preoccupied lately (really? a new mom preoccupied lol? Impossible!) that I have completely forgotten that this year was the Olympics, let alone that they technically start today in London.

I don't really ever watch the Olympics and haven't since I was a kid lol. I guess the events I *could* be interested in would be the swimming or the gymnastic events but even those would only be good live. I do think I would be more interested in the Olympics if they were held close by, like when they were in Utah, and if I could go to them.

Do your kids to chores around the house? If so, what are they and how old are the children? Do they get paid for them?

As an almost three year old, Alan has two chores. He is required to pick up his toys and books and put them away in the right places. He also is required to help me out whenever I ask him too. I usually have him help me with simple things, like bringing me wipes and clothes when I am nursing Anna. He does not get paid because he is a toddler and I don't believe in allowances. However, he does get rewards for doing his chores. I take him for ice cream or to get a new Hot Wheels car or he gets to pick where we go for dinner. It works very well for us. :)

If you get bad service/food do you complain or keep quiet?

I *always* speak up lol. Maybe because I have worked in management, with both of my jobs, but it drives me crazy when I see bad service that isn't reported. If it happens to you, tell a manager. Nine times out of ten, they will be glad you let them know. They will also not only fix the problem but they will mostly likely compensate you for your problems. There is only a win-win situation for reporting bad service.

If you could pick ONE frivolous item for your home, what would it be? (massive room sized closet? swimming pool? greenhouse? etc...)

Oh boy, here we go again lol. How can I say this without sounding preachy?

I am Buddhist and practice living as a non-materialistic person, so I do not really believe in the frivolous. Plus my mind is too logical to allow myself to desire frivolous things lol. For example, I would think that putting a swimming pool in would be an awesome answer to this question, but then I stop myself and remind myself of all the toddler and children swimming pool accidents and deaths that happen. Its similar with a trampoline.

I guess I could answer greenhouse because it would not be frivolous in my eyes. I could use a greenhouse to supply my family with organically grown fruits and vegetables. So that is my answer lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011