Day 8 of the 25 Days of Christmas Love

I have yet to write a post about this, but this year for Lon's Christmas present I made him a 25 Days of Christmas Love thing. I found it on Pinterest, of course. :) Basically there is a card for every day with  either with a coupon, 10 Things I Love About You card, family Christmas activity or a date night. This last Saturday was our first date night.

The night before Lon had been in an extreme amount of pain from his eye. Some of you may know about his blood pressure issues in his eye, they can sometimes cause him extreme pain. Well, it was so bad Friday night that he had to go into the emergency room. Thankfully, he was released after a few hours feeling much better. However, I was not sure if he would be up to our date the next night.

But the day came and he was feeling much better. He watched the kids for me while I was at work and even took Alan outside to play some. So I took the kids over to Grandma's house to watch Christmas movies and have hot chocolate. Then I took Lon out to eat dinner at Red Robin and treated him to a movie in. We watched the Avengers, a new movie I had bought for him. :) It was a good night!


We had a delicious dinner at Red Robin. I had the cod fish with chips and a salad on the side. Lon had the Hawaiian burger. It had pineapple and fresh jalapeƱos on it! We also both had milkshakes. Mine was plain chocolate but Lon had this weird salted caramel milkshake. The darn thing had red salt on it! RED SALT!!! On a milkshake! How weird! It grossed me out quite a bit but I tried it, and it did not taste too bad. Lon loved it. Weirdo...


We also tried their pub pretzels and they were AMAZING! I usually do not like pretzels but they were so crunchy and yummy! The beer batter cheese and mustard was to die for too! I ate more of them than I thought I would! All of our food was so yummy, I loved eating out with him. It was so nice for it to be just the two of us too, its been so long since I was able to enjoy my food lol.

The Avengers was a really good movie too. I fell asleep on the couch halfway through it, but I watched the end of it the following morning. It does seem like kind of a dark movie though, too dark to show Alan. There are definitely some adult parts in that movie. We let Alan watch a few of the fight scenes though. And let me just say, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk???? Very interesting.... Good play, Mr. Ruffalo!

What a great Day 8! Here's to many more days of Christmas love!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD