22 Days of Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving!  I thought I would participate in this on my Facebook this year and also post them on here. It is always a good idea to be thankful, not only over November but everyday of every year. But for now, here is my 22 days of thankfulness!

November 1: I am thankful that my family is not affected by Hurricane Sandy. I cannot imagine what some people are going throuhg right now because of that storm. Even though my family is struggling with our move etc., we are at least safe and sound. I pray for anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy. May you all find your way home. Our family does not have alot to give, but we have already donated to funds helping these people. I urge everyone to do the same! Our American brothers and sisters need some help!

November 2: I am thankful for the gas man and MDU today. If not for him stopping by during his lunch break because they were so busy yesterday, we may have moved into our new house too soon and been in somewhat of a dangerous situation. No need to worry anyone, our has just has minor gas leaks that are being taken care of as we speak. We will also not move in until the gas man has stopped by for an inspection once again, just to be on the safe side. We can never protect our little family enough!

November 3: Today I am thankful for my husband. He works 14+ hours almost everyday between two different jobs and yet, still has time to rock Anna to sleep and play monster trucks with Alan. He is always invested in our well being and will be there for us til the end of time. We love you Lon Andersen!

November 4: I'm thankful for my son tonight. He is my first born and gave me the gift of motherhood. I have grown so much because of him and that is only beginning. Alan, you are such an amazing little boy. I can't even begin to describe how smart or awesome you are. You are my life. I love you so.

November 5: Tonight, I am feeling very thankful for my daughter. I never thought I would have a girl, but I could not see my life any other way. Anna, you are such a beautiful child, inside and out. I dream about all the wonderful things we will get to do together as you grow older. You are so smart and tenacious for your age, you never cease to amaze your father and I. We love you to the moon and back baby girl!

November 6: Today I am thankful that I live in a country that cares about my opinion. Even though I dislike politics, I am grateful that we have the freedom to choose our leaders. I am also thankful that as a woman, I am able to vote. There was a time when this was not the case, and there are still places in the world today where this is STILL not the case. I am proud that I voted and thankful for that ability.

November 7: I am thankful for my job. Sometimes it can get stressful but I get to work with kids and my children can stay with me. Plus it gets me out of the house doing something I truly love and live for. Not alot of people can say that. I am one lucky mama and I know it!

November 8: Tonight I am definitely thankful to have heat. We did alot of running around today and I was soooo grateful to come home to a warm house. Especially in this Montanan cold! Brrr!

November 9: Tonight I am thankful for snow. Now some of you may be confused but not only was I raised as a snow bunny, but the way I look at it, at least its just snow and not hurricane aftermath. I am humbly reminded of all the people still without homes tonight because of the hurricane. :/ So all you snow complainers, SHUT UP! Snow is beautiful and I'll take it any day over a hurricane! With that being said, I hope everyone stays warm tonight! Brrrr!

November 10: I am thankful for those who fought for our country and our freedom. They put their lives on hold, left their families behind and are risking themselves on a daily basis. For us. I specifically want to thank my Aunt Mary Lou, cousins Joseph and Anthony, brother-in-laws Cameron, Tyler and Aaron, and any of my friends husbands who are in the military. You guys are the best! I love you all so much!

November 11: I am grateful that we are finally fully moved into our home tonight. Most of you may remember a time last month where we thought we weren't getting this house and I thought we would become homeless. I am so thankful that both of our landlords worked together to get us safely moved from one place to the other! Thank you to everyone who helped us move too! You are all awesome!

November 12: I am thankful for my mother. She is an amazing, wonderful, beautiful person and I love her so much. She helps us out in every way she possibly can, I think she would give the clothes off her back if need be. My children are so very lucky to have her as their grandmother and I am so lucky to call her mom! I love you Mom!

November 13: My father is just as awesome as my mom. I am thankful for him tonight. He is a great dad and the perfect role model for Kalvin and Alan. My dad taught me how to ride dirt bikes and drive a truck. He taught me how to fish and how to hunt. Thanks for all of that dad. I love you so much!

November 14: I have an awesome baby brother and his name is Kalvin. He is the best brother ever, I love him so much! I remember when he was born and every birthday after that. He was the one who taught me how to care for babies and children, I helped raise him with my parents. He is a great uncle to Alan and Anna as well. We all love you Uncle Kalvin!

November 15: I have two wonderful sisters, today I am thankful for my littlest sister April. Somedays, I feel like she is my mini-me and yet others I am reminded that she is definitely her own person. April has taught me to be a girly girl, something I never had thought of before she was my sister. I love you so much April, and I am so thankful for you!

November 16: Tonight I am thankful for my other sister, Natalie. We are as far apart as Alan and Anna are. I think this makes us share a special bond. I love my Natalie, we have grown up together and been through so much while we grew up. I am thankful that she taught me how to share when I was young, that is a trait that I am glad has stuck with me as an adult. We love you Natalie!

November 17: I used to hate technology, but I am very thankful for it today. Without technology, I would not be in constant contact with my loved ones who live all over the world. I would not be able to check the weather on a whim, or cook food in under a minute. I am so grateful for technology and that we have computers. Could you imagine living without them at this point lol?

November 18: I am thankful for modern medicine and technology. Anna has a fever today and without it, we would have never been able to get the information to treat her symptoms. Fevers may seem so minor to us but the truth is, in some countries that could be fatal to a baby. I am glad that I live in a country that has updated medicine and technology!

November 19: I feel blessed because of my past. Without my past, I would not be the person I am today. Parts of it may have felt hopeless or terrible, but those moments are the most bittersweet and precious to me. Those are the times when I grew as a person and learned who really loved me. I am lucky to have experienced my past because it has made me into the wonderful person and mother I am today.

November 20: Tonight I am thankful for babies! My cousin in law had her son tonight and we are so elated for her! Babies make life so happy, yay! We love babies!

November 21: Motherhood is such a beautiful gift, I feel so thankful to be a mom. I was almost a mom in highschool but Alan finally blessed me with this gift in 2009. I love being a mother and cannot imagine my life without my children. I would be so lost lol. Thank you Alan and Anna, you are the best gift anyone could have given me!

November 22: I am thankful for family and fellowship today. It is a very special and precious thing to be with your loved ones, I enjoy it so much.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011