The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 36

I cannot believe that I have at the most three and a half weeks until Anna makes her appearance! It seems like just yesterday I was twenty weeks and finding out we were adding a little princess into the mix! And now she is almost here! I have been a very busy little pregnant bee this past week lol, preparing for my hospital trip. Most of Anna's clothes are washed, I've started the packing process lol, and my birth plan is all written out. Now to just wait for her appearance! :) This week I have a midwife appointment and two birthday parties to take Alan to, one for his little friend Tatum and the other for his cousin Sophie. Both parties are gonna be around water, so it should be pretty cool lol (haha, I meant it in both ways).

Enough of my craziness, here is this week's Pregnancy Post!






How far along: 36 weeks and 3 days

Size of Baby: 6 pounds and 18 1/2 inches long or the size of a crenshaw melon

Developments of Baby: Baby girl is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

Weight Gain: Only at ten pounds, but I haven't lost anymore at least!

Belly Button In or Out: It has begun the popping out process. Ew! It feels so weird too!

Maternity Clothes: Hardly any this time around still. Just work pants and jeans really. I think I own two pairs of maternity pants, one pair of shorts and three maternity shirts. Everything else is my regular clothing!

Morning Sickness: Have had it every morning this week. Ugh!

Stretch Marks: Thankfully nothing new has been found. Anna is dropping now, so I am hoping the stretch marking time is over lol! 

Labor Signs: Anna is really low and I have slight pelvic stretching pains. She is also still head down, which is awesome. I am still getting those lovely Braxton Hicks contractions. Then of course, that nasty pre-term labor contractions I had last week. Ugh. Oh and all that nesting lol. Its driving my mom crazy. :P 

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: She is always moving and it is almost always a little painful now. You're running out of room, girlie! Be a little nicer to your mama! Please! :P

Sleep: Sleep has gotten better, but I think only because I have been given bed rest orders by my husband and mom lol. So most of my day is sleeping, except for maybe five or six hours a day. A lot better than the last weeks lol! I just feel like I am getting nothing done ever!

Best Moment This Week: All the birthday celebrations going on!

What I miss: Still not feeling nauseous or sick. Being able to see and touch my feet lol. You know, same old, same old.

Food Cravings: Dr. Pepper, Soft serve ice cream, Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: My husband's beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, french fries or tator tots, pasta and most similar carbs, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!) and light Braxton Hicks contractions, slight pelvic pains, nesting

What I’m looking forward to: Holding Anna in my arms! That's about it right now! I want her out lol!

What I'm not looking forward to: The awkward Group B Strep test tomorrow.

Here are this week's belly pics! Lol, I totally said I would never ever do this (see below picture) but I am today I guess! Oops! :P


Btw, this is Jennifer Aniston as Rachael in Friends


Well, here is me today lol:

36 weeks and 3 days


At least now I know why she did it in the show lol, to cope with the darn heat! I am loving having my belly a little exposed today, it makes it a lot easier for me to stay cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011