Mother's Day 2013, Gymnastics and the Dentist

I apologize for not posting recently, this may sound weird but its been too hot for me to be motivated to post. Its too hot for me to do much of anything right now lol, its been in the high 90s for the past two weeks! I am so overheated by the time I am done with the day, I have no desire to do anything. Especially not a blog post. Sorry, I feel like I have been neglecting my readers! I have not indulged you on my Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. My children came and raided our bed nice and early, they were at least nice enough to snuggle and fall asleep quickly. Oh how I just LOOOOOOVE mornings like that! Lon made us eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast and I had a pedicure from the kids in the afternoon. Alan also made me an ADORABLE card with monsters on it. Love it! He said it was from Anna too, even though she did not help. So sweet! :)



After my pedicure, we went over to the in law's house for a Mother's Day lunch. We gave Grandma Amber a card made by Alan, a picture of Anna, some flowers and chocolates. She loved it! I was not able to celebrate with my mother because she was busy with Aunt April's dance competitions all weekend. But we did get her a card, a picture of the kids and some flowers for Mother's Day that she enjoyed. And we will be stopping over there tonight to see her too.

I am currently at Alan's make up gymnastics class. That's part of the reason why I have the attention span and motivation to write lol! :) Tomorrow he has his big dentist appointment. They are knocking him out and filling a few cavities. :/ I am a nervous wreck about this, I have no real experience because I have never had a cavity. The dentist assitant has gone through the process with me, but I am apprehensive about him being knocked out. It scares me to think about it, I feel like my stomach is dropping just thinking about it.


I know I need to breathe, it is only a cavity filling. He will be okay. There are much worse things that children have gone through and survived. He will be fine. I have prepared ourselves and him with all the precautions and things we need to do. We got gymnastics, school and work all cleared up that day. I have some comfy clothes and his favorite blankie and teddy all ready for tomorrow. Lon is also off work and will be there to help me with Anna, or be there for Alan, whichever Alan wants. I downloaded some new game apps on the tablet as our waiting room distraction. We also got Alan a new LeapPad game and Lego set as kinda a "gift" for afterwards. And for something to do, because I imagine that he will not want to be moving around too much. He will be okay.

I am only so anxious about the whole ordeal because of my experiences with anesthesia. Both my mom and I have history of waking out of our anesthesia or suddenly being able to feel everything. I had issues with anesthesia as a child and I would hate for either of my children to experience that too. I just need to keep reminding myself he WILL BE OKAY.

Well, that's all on my mind for now! I will update everyone tomorrow with how Alan's surgery goes! Happy Tuesday everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011