The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 13

Here we are, one week away from my second trimester! I am pretty excited, because the second trimester is where things start to get fun! I can't wait for my first ultrasound, the first kick I feel, finding out the gender, and so much more! :) My morning sickness has improved somewhat, thankfully! There are days were I am just fine and there are days where I feel AWFUL. But I am at least grateful it isn't a daily thing anymore. And I have been drinking those Carnation Instant Breakfasts or whatever they are called, in the morning and they have been helping out as well. Thanks to a fellow WTE mama for giving me the idea! :D

Here's this week's Pregnancy Post!



Via

How far along: 13 weeks 3 days
Size of Baby: 20 grams and 3 inches long or an Egg
Developments of Baby: Baby's bones and skull are becoming fully solid. Baby can make a fist and even suck its thumb! Vocal cords and eyelids are also forming this week as well.
Total Weight Gain: I stepped on the scale the other day and to my amazement, I had gained a pound! :D
Maternity Clothes: Still can fit in all my regular clothes.
Strecth Marks: Only the ones from my last pregnancy lol. But I have been using the belly butter religiously this time around, so hopefully we will have no more!
Gender: We have to wait I believe three more weeks before we will know for sure? We want a boy still! But Aunt Natalie wants a girl real bad too lol, so we will see? :)
Movement: Four more weeks for that! Can't wait! Feeling baby move is what makes the pregnancy all the more special!
Sleep: My current sleep routine is pass out around 8:30 and sleep soundly until like 3 am lol. Then I am up every hour for some reason. Ugh!
What I miss: Going to bed AFTER my toddler does. As of right now, my bedtime is a half hour before his. How sad lol!
Cravings: Chinese food, pizza, burgers and fries, ice cream bars, milkshakes, Air Heads, spaghetti, chocolate cake, Snickers, Cool Ranch Doritos and Laffy Taffy.
Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, slight round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!)
What I’m looking forward to: Getting to see an ultrasound and feeling Baby kick!

Lon and I have been talking alot this week about finding a new place to live after we recieve our tax return. The apartment we live in currently is not pregnancy or new baby friendly really. First, there are the long flight of steep stairs that lead up to our door. Those... things just about kill me every time I have to go up them, and I'm not every that big yet! Could you imagine my last month of pregnancy? Ugh. Secondly, we have no couch in this apartment! Because of the complex and small staircase I mentioned, we had to give away our couch when we moved in. All we have is a rocking chair and foot rest. I will need a couch now! Then there is the fact that our apartment is really small and that Alan's bedroom will most likely not fit a crib and a toddler bed in it. But then the question comes to this- do we rent another small, hopefully three bedroom apartment for another year or do we just buy a house?

I dunno if I am ready to buy a house yet, with baby coming and everything. The way I am feeling about it right now is that we should what until next year to buy a house, and just rent a really nice 3 bedroom apartment for the remaining year. Or a spacious two bedroom house with a nice yard. That is my real dream, but they are hard to come by for cheap. We are still discussing our options because we have yet to even turn in our taxes, but should hopefully have a decision made by the end of the month. All I know is that if we are moving, and I am pretty sure we are, then we need to do it before I get big or I will be no help at all lol! :P

Here is the much awaited first pregnancy photo!!
13 weeks and 3 days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011