The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 15

Yay, yay today is the day! Today I have a doctor appointment! Yay! :D Lol I am excited to be 15 weeks along too, but mostly just for the appointment. I hope to hear Baby's heartbeat today. That would be the greatest! But more on that later lol, here's my weekly Pregnancy Post! Enjoy!



Via

How far along: 15 weeks 3 days
Size of Baby: 5 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces or the size of a small apple or orange
Developments of Baby: Baby's legs are growing longer than their little arms now and Baby can move all of their joints and limbs. Even though the eyelids still are sealed shut, they can now sense light. Tastebuds are also forming this week, even though Baby won't really use them until after birth. On an ultrasound, the gender can be discovered starting this week although most doctors will wait until the 17th or 20th week.
Total Weight Gain: 5 pounds currently, yeah!
Maternity Clothes: My highschool clothes no longer fit me comfortably (Darn I was looking forward to fitting in them once again lol), so I have retired them. But I can still fit into almost all of my jeans. I was the same with Alan. I remember going into the labor triage and having one nurse think that I was in preterm labor because I only looked six months pregnant! Lol and I was full term! :P So most likely, no maternity clothes for another month or two, I predict! :)

Morning Sickness: Not too bad anymore! Booyah! On average, I have morning sickness like I used to about... every three to four days. Oh it is so miraculous to be able to eat and not feel sick all the time! It has done wonders for my mental state and overall motivation. I love it!
Stretch Marks: I think I *might* be getting some stretch marks on my thighs and the sides of my chest again. Damn! :( But no more stretch marks on the belly so far! Alan did enough damage lol!
Gender: I could technically know now, but I think that they will make me wait until my 20 week ultrasound. I will make sure to ask today though!
Movement: I read somewhere that some women can feel movement as early as 15 weeks, but I have yet to feel any. I am paying tons of attention though! The beginning movement is always the funnest!

Sleep: Sleep has actually improved for me lately. You're shocked? I know, me too! :) I have still been going to bed early at 8:30 every night (and I CANNOT stay up later, trust me I have tried lol) but now I don't wake up much during the night, unless its to switch positions. No more morning sickness at night! So far lol.  

Best Moment This Week: I thought this was pretty bad, but really hilarious at the same time. So yesterday, Lon made me a sandwich for lunch. He thought he would be sneaky and take a bite out of it before I noticed. Well me being the pregnant hungry mama bear monster that I am lately lol, OF COURSE I NOTICED. And my hormones are so crazy right now, I freaked out at him. Like freaked out lol. Over a sandwich! Ahhh now I feel crazy.

My husband, the fantastic man he is, went and made me a whole other sandwich lol! Even after I yelled at him. Oh I love him so. :) I did, apologize to him after the fact. He told me he had learned his lesson: NEVER take food from a pregnant women. Lmao!

What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. I have always been a big belly sleeper, and its now too uncofortable for me to sleep on my belly. I am at least grateful for the ability to still sleep on my back, once that goes away in the third trimester I lose it lol! I am so not a side sleeper!
Food Cravings: Obviously salmon lol, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, tator tots, chai tea, milkshakes, Sour Cream and Onion chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!
Food Aversions: Eggs still, my husband's AWFUL beef jerkeys lol and raw meat. Mostly the smells though, I can't be around when things are cooked anymore.

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, slight round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!)

What I’m looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat hopefully today and feeling Baby kick for the first time!
What I'm not looking forward to: Getting all the darn bloodwork and labwork done! Ugh I hate needles and passed out when I was pregnant with Alan from it. I hope I don't this time around!

15 weeks and 6 days, in my pjs lol

I am really excited to go to the doctor's today. I decided against going to Billings OBGYN like I originally had planned and instead will be going to Saint Vincent's Midwifery and Women's Health Clinic for my duration of pregnancy. Yes I chose to go with a midwife, er, midwives lol. You see because at this clinic since there is no gaurentee who will be there for your birth, they rotate you through three different midwives. The MIDWIVES lol. :) I think they sound like a group of superheroes lmao!

I am also admittedly a little nervous to go today as well lol. *Blushes* I know, I know lol. :P They ask for the first appointment to not bring any children with you, so Lon will have to stay home with Alan. I really wanted him to go with me, and he did as well, but he will have to wait until the next appointment. I also don't know what they plan on doing to me, since I am fifteen weeks along and not the normal four weeks along that they are used to having their first appointments. I am a little bit worried they might try and draw blood or something, and I might die because I don't have my honey to hold my hand.

Okay, I know I won't die lol. I'll stop acting pregnant and overreacting lol.

I do want to hear the heartbeat and I want to find out when I will be having my ultrasound done. I am ready to get this fun pregnancy stuff rolling! It is my second trimester and I am over this blah part of my pregnancy. I am ready for the ultrasounds, the fetal movement, the baby shower planning, the nursery setup, and all that fun stuff! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011