Hoppy Easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend! How was yours? The kids went on two egg hunts and saw a whole bunch of our family members. It was great! Be prepared for a bit of a photo dump, I took so many photos from this weekend lol.

Saturday morning after Alan's last soccer game, my mom took the kids to an Easter egg hunt. I had to work, so I was so happy she took the kids too. Both Alan and Anna did their own egg hunts for their age group. Alan didn't get too many eggs actually but Anna found quite a few. She was so nice and shared with him though!

Alan sliding down the inflatable slide

After the egg hunts, Alan and Anna played a few games and went on the inflatable things before leaving for lunch. Alan went on the slide a few times and Anna played in the bouncy house. She was silly though and would only sit, said my mom. Apparently she wanted other kids to bounce her lol. What a goof ball! :) They all had a great time though.

Anna and Uncle Kalvin after their Easter egg hunts

Saturday night, we dyed Easter eggs with my brother. Anna wasn't into it at all this year, she just wanted to see the end result and even then she thought they were balls and tried to throw them lol. She was a bit of a hazard to the whole process. Sorry baby girl, Mama loves you! Maybe next year lol! :P However, Alan was a great helper!

Dying his Easter eggs with his sunglasses on, how do you dye YOUR Easter eggs????

I cannot seem to get the finished egg picture posted correctly on here. I will try again here soon when I can use a computer. But I will say that they are adorable! So cute and very yummy too! :) Here is another picture of Alan dying! He was really into dying one half of the egg one color, and the other half another color. Or dying the same egg in multiple colors. He was so creative!

Easter Sunday the kids woke up to small surprise from the Easter Bunny. A stuffed bunny, a chocolate bunny and some Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs. They then had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard with Uncle Kalvin. They found so many eggs and even MORE Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs! Yum! The kids were pretty pleased with themselves and their findings!

Alan with his two bunnies from Mister E.B. himself!

Alan found an egg!

Anna egg hunting too

My two sweet kids, I love them so much! I really tried hard to make their Easter special for them this year. With all the hardships we have been through this past year, our children definitely deserve a break from reality and the regular schedule. They deserve to hang out with their family members and loved ones. They deserve to run around, be wild and laugh. They deserve happiness and love, especially on Easter. I wanted to give them that and more. But we did our best with what we had. And they are even more perfect children, because they were happy with just being altogether as a family. I love them so much! Happy Easter guys!

My two sweet amazing Easter gifts, I love you both!

After the egg hunt, all the kids played outside until breakfast was ready. Anna had to bring a few eggs along with her, to rattle for her own little kind of music lol. She is so silly! Alan, Uncle Kalvin and Aunt April rode up and down the block on their bikes. I remember doing stuff like that there as a child. I just cannot wait until we can have our own house, own yard, own block for our kids to ride up and down on bikes... it will happen soon!

After eating breakfast and some more candy, we headed over to Lon's house for his Easter surprise from the Easter Bunny. E.B. had left some chocolate "Bunny" Money and had set up an egg hunt on Minecraft for Alan. Oh my amazing silly husband and how wonderful of a father he is! :) Here is Miss Anna in her full Easter outfit, its about the only good picture I could get of her with her hat on. Everyone says that she looks just like a mini me in this photo. I can see the resemblance just a bit lol... :P

We visited with Great Aunt Marnie and her whole family. Blake and Baby James were there, plus Great Grandma Marcia and my cousin Morgan. Anna and Alan were so nervous at first, they both clung to me like none other lol. But after the kids warmed up a bit, Anna started playing basketball with James. It was so adorable! Alan kept insisting I present him with a kid his age to play with, I continually was reminding him that the only two other kids at the party were 17 months old and 15 years old. He still thought I had a kid or too hiding up my sleeve lol, because he asked me a lot about it! Silly little man! :P

The best toddler basketball photo ever!

We stopped back by my parent's house for lunch before heading up to Great Aunt Carolyn's house for Easter dinner. My parent's had a small group of people over but their ham was delicious! It was also good to stop by a place Anna knows well (my parent's house) between going to visit big groups of family. She ate and played with her new bunny. It was a great little break for everyone!

We headed up to Great Aunt Carolyn's house for dinner. My cousin Julie was there, but she retired quickly for the night. She is a nurse, like Aunt Natalie, and had worked most of the evening and this morning. Great Grandma Carol and Great Grandpa Floyd were also there. I was so happy to see them! I had hoped that the kids would have been able to visit with them on Easter, and was so elated when I saw that they were there!

Anna riding on cousin Sophie's rocking horse

She rocked so hard her hat fell off!

My cousin Ashley and her daughter Sophie were also supposed to show up, but unfortunately they had something else come up. Anna and Alan sure missed them, but we hope they still had a wonderful Easter! We sure know that we did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011