The Third Year...

Today is our 3rd wedding anniversary. It is crazy to think that this day, three years ago, I had just been married to my husband and was preparing for the reception and Easter Sunday. Today though because it was a regular Wednesday, I hung out with my family and taught my second to last hip hop class of the session. Then Lon and I went out on our date at Red Robin. Much different then my wedding day but today was also full of memories. Memories of our wedding and memories of every anniversary we celebrated. My first anniversary, I was pregnant with Miss Anna. My second anniversary, we had Miss Anna with us and were celebrating as a whole family. :) So many memories!

We were so lucky to have Grandma Amber watch the kids for us so we could go out on our actual anniversary. It was great to get out, just the two of us. We made a rule before we left that we wouldn't talk about work, finances, our home situation or anything negative. We would only have fun together and enjoy each other's prescence. It was so wonderful! And with Red Robin having recently moved across the roundabout, it was like going to a BRAND new restaurant!

Lon's colorful drink, the Screaming Red Zombie

An interesting baseball American flag decoration above our table

We were going to originally go somewhere much fancier, but couldn't come up with a better place then Red Robin lol. But Red Robin is the home of the gourmet burgers, that's fancy enough right? Lol! :) In the end though, it was the perfect place for us to go. It wasn't so fancy that we had to talk quietly, there was a hockey game going on, so we were able to talk and laugh as loudly as we wanted. Plus the food and drink was AHMAZING! I had a chocolate milkshake and a Banzai Burger with fries. The Banzai has pineapple and teriaki sauce on it! So delicious!

My handsome, sweet date

Lon had the Screaming Red Zombie and a Bleu Ribbon Burger with fries. Oh my word, both of our meals were just to die for! We had a Strawberry New York cheesecake for dessert. Wow, that was seriously heaven! Everything was so good!

Lon's Bleu Ribbon Burger

My Banzai Burger, BANZAI!

The amazing New York cheesecake!

Is the third year the quirky, crazy, totally insane year? Or maybe is that just us and our life????? Baby, we have been through so much. Almost six years together total, three years of marriage, two kids, 4 houses, 6 different cars, 4 jobs between the two of us, overcoming homelessness and living as a seperate family. We are strong together and we always make it out in the end. I hope this next year of marriage brings us our own house and another great year of love with our family! I love you so much. Here's to many more years together!

We just HAD to get our anniversary photo with Red the Robin! :P

Happy anniversary babe. I love you so very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011