National Dance Day 2013

Dance has always been such an important aspect of my life. I have been dancing for almost 20 years now and have shared the gift of movement as a teacher for 2 years now. I live for dance, think about it all the time, and apply a lot of dance notions to real life. Dance is just the greatest thing ever: its communication without a voice. I have always believed that you can be a dancer without any training. Dance isn't only about technique, its about the feeling you get from it and the passion.

Today is National Dance Day. Unfortunately, I did not have any of my dance classes today. But I did teach my gymnastics class this morning. We did our regular routines but finished up dancing to "Cha Cha Slide" for NDD. The kids were so silly and they loved it! I told my dance students about today earlier this week, and reminded them that no matter where they are, they should dance! :) I cannot wait until Wednesday so we can share our National Dance Day stories!

I thought I had a lot more dance photos to share, but they are all at my parent's house! Shoot, I was going to share with you some photos from my first year of dance! :/ Next time, I promise. For now, here are some dance photos, some of myself dancing and some of my many dance students.

This is from my Spring Hip Hop classes' dress rehearsal. Like the robots at the bottom? :) So cute!

This is the same classes actual performance. They did awesome!

Here is my Summer Hip Hop class in their Thriller costumes. It is tradition for us to perform Thriller every session!

My Summer Hip Hop classes at my birthday party last week. Love these girls!

Various performance and dance photos from my adult life.

National photos from my senior year of dance. Miss these days and these girls even more!

I hope you all celebrate National Dance Day in your own special ways! How is dance important to you? Share with me in my comments! Happy National Dance Day everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD