The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 18

For some odd reason today, I was just absolutely exhausted! I slept in until ten and still took two naps! I dunno what got into me, but I am glad that Alan behaved well and wasn't too difficult for me today. I hope tomorrow I have more energy, I want to try and take Alan to Open Kids Gym in the morning and I work for a couple hours at night. Since I don't have too much more to post about, here's the late Pregnancy Post for this week. Enjoy!








Via


How far along: 18 weeks and 4 days

Size of Baby: 6 ounces and 6 inches long or the size of a grapefruit

Developments of Baby: Baby's nerves are making more and more complex connections. The sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing are all developing. A protective covering of myelin (this makes nerve connections travel faster) is beginning to form around Baby's nerves, a process that will continue for a year after they are born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. Your baby's ears are now facing forward and are completely formed so they can actually hear you talking now. This week is also the beginning of ossification. Ossification is a fancy word for hardening of Baby's bones.

Weight Gain: A total of 8 pounds, yes!

Belly Button in or out: Still in, but with Alan it never popped out. Just got super grossly close lol. :P

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but in maybe a few weeks! I feel like you can really see my belly this week and my pants are starting to get snug. :D

Morning Sickness: Not constant anymore, but when it hits me it hits me HARD!

Stretch Marks: No new stretch marks that I can see! Maybe my Palmer's Belly Butter regimen is working for me this time around! :D

Gender: Only twelve more days until we find out!!! Oh my goodness, I can't believe its only that far away!

Movement: So that night after I posted my Movement update for the PP Week 17 post, I actually felt movement! Little popcorn pops in my belly! :D I am so excited to feel it finally, it feels exactly the same way I remember it feeling. Yay! 

Sleep: Its been alright, only I have a new issue to fight with every night. My ever growing belly. Ugh I toss and turn waaaaaaaaaay more than I originally did and can never seem to find a position both is comfortable and works for my belly. I need a belly pillow I think!

Best Moment This Week: When Alan told me he wanted to make Baby a Valentine's Day card. :) He is already so invested in his little brother/sister and it is so sweet!

What I miss: My sleep! Lol I know I have already posted this once, but I am really missing sleep. Bed please be my friend tonight!

Food Cravings: Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, tator tots, chai tea, milkshakes, Sour Cream and Onion chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: Eggs, my husband's AWFUL beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!)

What I’m looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment next week. Its always nice to check up on Baby and to see my midwives again.

What I'm not looking forward to: More possible morning sickness. Can it be over soon please??????

Here are some belly pictures since I have been neglecting to post them the past few weeks.


18 weeks and 4 days

Tomorrow I am hoping to finish a post that has been under construction for a bit, that's about helping your older children prepare and cope with the new baby. So keep an eye out for it but if not, I will be participating in this week's Five Question Friday. Check back tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011