Alan's Haircut

Unfortunately, our Dr. Suess Day wasn't very successful. I woke up Friday morning and was sick almost all day. So we didn't do the green eggs and ham, and we didn't go traveling. But I did have him make the One Fish, Two Fish craft with me. 

Last night however, we went over to my parent's house to get Alan's haircut. It had been a while since it had last been done, and his hair was getting ridiculously long. We were starting to get tired of strangers referring to him as a girl lol. So we decided it was time.

Alan before his haircut (See how long it is!)

The thing about Alan is, he hates having his hair "maintained" of any kind. It usually takes me 45 minutes to comb his hair with a lot of fighting and chasing. So getting his hair cut is a little crazy lol. It normally takes about three to four people to do it. To distract him, we set him on Aunt April's lap with her iPod Touch playing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on it (thank goodness for toddlers and technology lol) and with a juice bag and sucker. Then my mom and I went about the task of cutting his hair, without him noticing at all. 

It was quite the feat lol.

Alan's hair afterwards (Yay a ton shorter, you can see his little neck)

We didn't cut it perfectly and I'm not sure if we got all of it cut lol, but we did it good enough! His bangs are out of his eyes again and his hair is a lot shorter, so hopefully more manageable. We might try again next weekend to trim more of it and even it out a little bit, but for now I'd call it a success! Especially with a toddler lol. 

Do you have a toddler who doesn't like getting their hair cut? How do you manage?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011