The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 23

I can't believe I am already six months pregnant! Lol this is just crazy to me. :) Today I have a midwife appointment to check up on Miss Anna. I can't wait to hear her little heartbeat again, my favorite part of the whole trip. This week is pretty blah for us, we are just waiting to hear back on our dream apartment. Please send good thoughts and prayers to us so that we get this house! It'll be perfect for our growing family.

Here is this week's Pregnancy Post! Enjoy!






How far along: 23 weeks and 3 days

Size of Baby: 12 1/2 inches and 18 ounces or the size of a large mango

Developments of Baby: Baby girl's vestibular system—the area in the brain responsible for sensing movement—is one of the first parts of the brain to mature and it is already actively sensing all my movements. She can actively sense me moving now. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world.

Weight Gain: Still at only ten pounds.

Belly Button In or Out: Still in, thank goodness :)

Maternity Clothes: Only maternity jeans and work pants so far. All of my workout pants and regular shirts still fit.

Morning Sickness: Every morning til about nine or ten still. I have given up on stopping it (still take my B6 though) and have just started to deal with it. Water is my friend those mornings! :)

Stretch Marks: Still only the few that I found the other week.

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: She moves all the time now, especially during the night. This girl will keep her mama up all night having a party in my belly lol, it drives me crazy! But I like to feel her move, it lets me know she's there and she's okay.

Sleep: I sleep til about four in the morning and then am up the rest of the day. I can't go to bed now until normally after midnight anymore, because of my restless legs. So I get a good four hours a night lol. Preparation for new motherhood lol!

Best Moment This Week: I have two this week. My first was during my meditation with Anna the other day. I was reading my mantras and slipped into a deep meditation stage, where I visualized meeting up with Anna for the first time and holding her in my arms. We swayed together and she fell asleep, so comfortable on my chest. Lon said I started crying during this meditation, but once I had awoken I was so happy. It was one of the best meditation experiences ever!

The second was last night. Anna was acting up and kicking me like crazy, when all I wanted to do was sleep. I complained to Lon about her, so he put his face to my belly and started talking to her. He told her it was bedtime and time to let mama calm down and sleep. And she bopped him right on the nose! It was so funny, we laughed about it forever! 

What I miss: Not having morning sickness. This time around it has been rougher than it was with Alan. I'm a trooper though, I'll get through it. Its just physically exhausting.

Food Cravings: Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, tator tots, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: Eggs, my husband's AWFUL beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!)

What I’m looking forward to: My midwife appointment (will post update tomorrow), planning the baby shower and seeing all my relatives for April's birthday and Easter Sunday.

What I'm not looking forward to: Still the Glucose test. My midwife gave me a month for it finally, ugh. :( Its in April.

Here are those wonderful pregnancy photos everyone loves! I feel huge this week, like 30-something weeks huge! But no one notices STILL! Ugh lol!

23 weeks and 3 days


If you liked this post and this blog, please click on the link below to vote for my blog at Top Baby Blogs. I fell back to Number 306 over the weekend, I need more votes please! Thanks to everyone who is voting for me!

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Comments

  1. Loving the information on this website , you have done outstanding job on the blog posts.shared images are simply Thank a lot for letting me know Pregnancy Week by Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :D

      Its my second time doing this, so I feel somewhat experienced lol. That will all change though when Miss Anna comes! :) Girls are totally different than boys!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011