The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 24

Sorry I didn't post about our Easter plans yesterday, I was sick all day and almost had to go to the hospital to get some fluids. Needless to say, it was not a fun day for me lol. But today I feel pretty good, and was able to clean and vacuum the house. Sometime this week we are planning on going to the Shrine circus in town, but I have to check with Grandma Melanie to see when they are going. Alan is really excited for the circus and elephants, I can't wait to take him! :)

Here's this week's Pregnancy Post! Wow can you believe its already 24 weeks???







How far along: 24 weeks and 3 days

Size of Baby: 13 1/2 inches and 1 1/2 pounds or the size of a ear of corn

Developments of Baby: Baby girl basically looks like a miniature version of herself at birth, right now she is mostly focusing on gaining more weight. Her brain is still growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. 

Weight Gain: Still at only ten pounds. I never thought I'd be saying this lol, but I hope I gain some more weight soon!

Belly Button In or Out: Still in, thank goodness :)

Maternity Clothes: Only maternity jeans and work pants so far. All of my workout pants and regular shirts still fit.

Morning Sickness: Like I said earlier, had it baaaaad yesterday but otherwise have been doing okay enough. Vitamin B6 doesn't seem to do anything anymore except give me the nutrients I need. Darn!

Stretch Marks: No new stretch marks to be found so far! :D

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: All the time! I am still just loving all the movement I am feeling from Anna, that is, until she decides to start kicking me internally lol. The other day, her favorite target was my spine and let me tell you, that was the WEIRDEST feeling ever! Not sure if it hurt or not lol. :P But at this point, if Anna is awake, she is moving. :)

Sleep: I don't even want to talk about sleep at this point. I feel like its a chore for me to actually get to sleep and stay asleep. Ugh. Enough said lol.

Best Moment This Week: Alan finally getting to feel Anna kicking. I convinced him to put his hand on my belly this morning, and she almost instantly kicked him lol! He was so shocked and confused about what had just happened. But when I explained that it was Anna kicking in my belly, he pulled up his shirt and said his puppies were kicking in his belly too. :P So I had to "feel" them lol. Too funny!

What I miss: SSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food Cravings: Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, tator tots, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: Eggs, my husband's beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!) and light Braxton Hicks contractions

What I’m looking forward to: I know I have three ish months til this, but really? I can't wait for delivery and to be done with this rough pregnancy. I just want to feel normal again and have my beautiful baby girl in my arms.

What I'm not looking forward to: Still the Glucose test. I have a date now too. April 18 uggggh!

Here are this week's belly pics- I finally feel like I am showing! Before only people who knew me personally could tell, but now I feel like even strangers are noticing! Which is great because I am already at the point where I can't be lifting heavy things, and I feel like I have been getting judged by parents at work because I'm not picking up their kids. But now, people can see why lol! :P

24 weeks and 3 days, in my cleaning clothes lol


Please tune in tomorrow for my Toddler Talk post and to see what our plans are for Easter. Have a fantastic day everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011