Dr. Suess' Birthday 2012

Today is Dr. Suess' birthday! In honor of it being his birthday, it is also Read Across America Day! Happy birthday Dr. Suess!



Via


Dr. Suess is probably one of my favorite children's authors. I still enjoy reading his books! Now that Alan is a little older, we are planning on celebrating more than we did last year. Here is what we are going to do today (each activity is based off of one of Alan and I's favorite Suess books):





Green Eggs and Ham

Via


I am going to make Alan and I a green eggs and ham breakfast. This is what I hope mine will turn out like lol. I'm not sure if I will be that lucky though. :P




One Fish, Two Fish

Via


Then we will be doing a handprint craft similar to this. I haven't decided if I want to be brave and use fingerpaints for the handprints or just use construction paper like this one. We will see, I have some of each craft lol!



Cat in the Hat

Via


For Cat in the Hat, we will be watching PBS's marathon in the morning. We are very excited! Alan loves that show, but its normally on at eight in the morning before he even wakes up. We can't wait to watch all the episodes we have missed!



Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Via


This one took some thinking about, but I came up with a fun idea for it. We will be traveling around Billings today, going to different parks and places for Alan and I to explore. I will be sure to take lots of photos! :)

We will also be reading as many Dr. Suess books as I can get my hands on lol. Because it is Read Across America Day as well. :) I will post tomorrow with how it all went tomorrow or Monday! I am really excited for today! Hope your Dr. Suess Day is as fun as ours will be! Happy birthday Dr. Suess!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011