Five Question Friday!! July 8, 2011



Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
Yes I do and I have always felt this way, even when I was a child learning cursive. I believe that a child should be taught ONE WAY to write words and when they are a little older they can develop their handwriting more. But cursive? Do you know how many adults use cursive for things OTHER than their signature? Like five lol.


Via


I guess what I am saying is, if you want to teach cursive then you'd better either replace it with printing (which they would never do) or teach several handwriting styles (like calligraphy). That's all I'm trying to say. :P

Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
Um, I currently use the old, old fashioned way of keeping everything on a calendar on the wall or in my head. Because I don't have a smart phone lol, or even a stupid phone. :P

As of right now, Lon and I don't have cell phones. They are too expensive and we would rather use that money on food or rent.

So definitely the old fashioned way lol.

What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
All our legal documents.

Alan's Baby book.

The lilies pressed in books from my wedding and my wedding photo book.

I know that's technically four things, but I would save all of those. Everything else can be replaced. :)

Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Country Mouse all the way! We live in a city (Ick) right now, but I love the country. When we went to Canyon Ferry Lake this last weekend, I was reminded of how country I was. I was actually not afraid of the outhouse, like Lon was! :P And I really don't get along with people, maybe personally but not in a big group. I would waaaaaaaay rather live outside of town than in town. People are just too gossipy lol.

If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
So You Think You Can Dance!!!!! I love this show! And I do think I can! :P


Via


I totally would go! I would have to do a lot of training to get myself back to where I was in high school, dance wise, but I would do it. Wanna know something cool? I've taken classes from a lot of the choreographers and was almost in SYTYCD in high school, but was not of age so they wouldn't take me. Pretty cool huh? I was almost on there!!!!! :D

Have a great Friday and an awesome weekend! Tune in later today for my last installment of American Camping Week posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011