Five Question Friday!! April 1, 2011

Happy Friday everyone. Not looking forward to the weekend, my Saturday is going to be just as stressful and busy at work as any weekday. I open Child Watch and work til 11:30, then I have a meeting from noon to 1, and after that I have a birthday party to do from 1:30 to 4. Ugggh. At least after work, I have a baby shower and then we're going to the circus with Grandma Melanie, Aunt Natalie, Aunt April and Uncle Kalvin. Should at least be a little fun. And Sunday I have off, so we're doing our traditional Family Sunday activities. Hope to get Alan and I out in the sunshine at least once this weekend, but I don't honestly know if it'll happen.

FYI, I don't celebrate April Fool's Day, so today is nothing more than just the day before Uncle Tyler's birthday (April 2). As I child I used to hate and dread April Fool's Day because I have never been a trickster. I don't enjoy teasing or playing tricks on people, even though I know its done "in fun" I don't agree with the negativity output that's required. Uh, I'd rather have fun to have fun, not hurt someone's feelings or embarrass them. Plus being a hippie and a practicing Buddhist, it goes against just about everything I stand for and believe in. So now, as an adult, I choose to not celebrate April Fool's Day. If people try to trick me, I simply tell them I don't beleive in the holiday and my choice's are respected. I've only ever been given a hard time once, and that person was very ignorant. So happy Friday everyone! I love you all and would rather not trick you to tell you how I feel! :D Have a great day!

And now, here's Five Question Friday!! :D





1. Have you ever had surgery?
I have. It was considered minor surgery but I had two malignant moles removed from my back when I was twelve or thirteen. I don't remember a lot from it, except the long needle the surgeon had to put in my spine and the Enya music that played in the background. Weird huh? I mean I was a preteen! :P





This surgery is why I am such an advocate for using sunscreen and not tanning. I used to sunburn BAD every summer as a child (like it would be purple instead of red), and because of this I almost had skin cancer. The doctor said we were very lucky to catch it at such an early stage. Nowadays, I always wear sunscreen and never have gone tanning. I don't care what shade my skin is, as long as its cancer free. :)

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Nope, haven't done that. I've been offered an ambulance ride several times (all for different reasons) and each time I've turned it down. I'd rather get my own emergency ride than have to pay out of my bum for the next few years.


3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
All these questions about emergencies??? Lol must be because of Miss Belle... :) Anyways, it really depends on who is in the emergency. If its my son or another child who I love dearly, then I'm probably going to be panicking. But if its at work and an adult is the one involved (I'm trained in CPR and we have Code Blue emergency protocol), I can stay cool and get the person the help they need.


4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
I don't but I really want one. Right now we live in a hundred year old house that has been converted into an apartment complex. We share our yard with four other people. Last spring I tried the gardening out of pots, but that was just a complete disaster. I had an aloe plant, a lavender plant, a cactus and a venus fly trap. Can you guess which one is still alive??? Lol let me give you a hint, its not the venus fly trap. :P I hope to start a garden when we purchase our own home with mostly vegetables, fruits and herbs. And a rose bush lol. :) I love gardening and I find it very therapeutic.







5. When did you move out of your parents house?
I moved out of my parent's house three years ago this month. So that means... In March of 2008, when I was 18 years old. Since moving out, I have lived in four apartments, two duplexes, my van and one house. Eight places total, in only three years? Wow I tend to be quite the nomad. But most people already knew that. :)

Comments

  1. Hi, Jillian-just stopping by from 5QF. Can totally relate to your "modern hippie" tendencies. I tell people all of the time I think I was born in the wrong era...wait a minute I was born in the 60's when "feelin' groovy" and go-go boots were all the rave-LOL! Never had surgery or been in an ambulance, but I'm a new registered nurse, so I hope I can remain calm in a medical emergency. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice meeting you! Thanks for reading my post, I hope you enjoyed it. :) Yeah my friends have been telling me that since I was in high school lol. Apparently I'm too "hippie" for the new millennium. :P Thank you again and enjoy your weekend as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...secret here: My greatest fear (okay, ONE of them) is coming upon the scene of a horrible accident. I would probably do okay, but, MAN! I'm a L&D nurse! Not a trauma nurse! Frightens me silly...

    Hope your weekend was fabulous! (And, yeah...I think all the medical question suggestions were cuz of my Belle!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that's a fear of mine too actually. I can't handle it when animals get hurt, let alone when humans are in accidents! Uhhh, makes me shudder just thinking about it! :)

    My family did have a good weekend, I hope yours did too! The first weekend home from spending all that time in the hospital must be fabulous! :) Hope Belle continues to recover, and she recovers quickly! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011