Five Question Friday!! August 17, 2012

Happy Friday everyone! Last night, my mom and I took the kids to the Fair again. Alan went on several rides with Uncle Kalvin, his friend Kale and I while Anna snuggled with Grandma Melanie. We got to see several people that we know and we had a great time. I will post more about that later because we might be going again for the rodeo tonight. Be sure to also keep an eye out for my post about my new job position I recieved! :D So excited and can't wait to start! Aunt Natalie and Jake went home yesterday but they will be back later this month for Alan's birthday party. We will miss you guys! :)

A super special shout out to Mama M's son Hambone. He turns seven today. :) Happy birthday Hambone! Have a wonderful day with your fabulous family!

And finally, here is this week's Five Question Friday!

What's the one thing you buy every time you walk into the store?

Besides other basics like milk and water, everytime I walk into a store I have to buy Tru Moo for my preschooler. Have you heard of this stuff lol?


Its organic chocolate milk basically. Alan is like totally addicted to it now too lol. It used to come on commercials all the time, so he started talking about it. Then he started remembering to ask for it at the store. We got it for him once and he's never gone back. Everytime I ask him what he wants to drink, his answer is Tru Moo. This kid even knows its specific taste! My parents don't buy the stuff so once when we were over there we used Hershey's syrup to replace it (like I always did as a kid, probably way cheaper though lol). Alan would not touch the stuff. He tried it once and told me it wasn't Tru Moo, then refused to drink it. I ended up drinking it so it wouldn't be wasted lol! Wow...

So yeah, we buy Tru Moo just about every single time we set foot in a store now lol. Oh well, its the little things that makes my kid happy! :) And its still healthy for you too! Or at least I am telling myself that lol. Don't pop my bubble please. :P

If you had a day all to yourself how would you spend it?

This currently is not physically possible. I can't have a whole day to myself because I am a breastfeeding mama. But in a different reality lol???

I would rent a really nice hotel room with a super comfy bed. Then I would go there, turn off my cellphone, turn off the lights, and sleep.

All. Day. Long.

The End. :)

Are you a speed limit driver? If not, over or under?

I am a speed limit driver lol. I know, I'm boring.

But my husband isn't and it drives me bonkers. He is what we "grandma drivers" like to call a maniac driver lol. He speeds and jumps lanes to get to his destination as fast as possible, even if we aren't in any hurry. I seriously hate riding with him because he makes me blood pressure go through the roof lol. I may be just a worry wort, but darn! He drives me crazy sometimes. :P But I love him and he at least is more cautious with the kids in the car and has never gotten us in an accident.

What's your favorite dessert to make, homemade or from a mix??

I really like making cakes and brownies. In fact, I just made brownies with Alan yesterday afternoon. We cheaped out and made them from a mix lol, but Alan still had a great time helped me pour everything in and mix them all up. He also enjoyed checking on them while they cooked with me. And the end result? Delicious brownies for us to eat!

I think I just love baking sweets in general though. I always enjoy baking cookies, brownies, cupcakes, muffins, cakes, etc. Its just so calming for me! And now that Alan is older, he has been getting more and more into helping me out. So it becomes a great little family activity. :) I enjoy decorating things as well. We always go all out for birthdays or Christmas with our cookie and cake decorations. One year for my birthday, I made my art class panda cupcakes. They were so adorable and tons of fun to make! I really can't wait to bake Alan's birthday cupcakes, it will be so much fun! Only a few more weeks left!

Here are my cute panda cupcakes! I used M&Ms for the eyes and nose, regular sized Oreos for the mouth and mini Oreos for the ears!



Would you rather have a spider or a mouse scurry across your face (no copping out and saying "neither!!")?

Eww! I would probably rather have a spider run across my face because just thinking about the possibility of a bacteria covered mouse running across my face sounds unbearable. I hate spiders just as much, but at least they don't carry disease. Right? :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. Ummm I think you day alone is perfect. I love it.

    http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011