The Darling Dozen: Week by Week! Fifth Week

This is crazy to me! We celebrated Anna's one month birth anniversary earlier this week and now she is five weeks old. I only have about a week left until I go back to work! Wow! :) This week we pretty much stayed home all week, but it was nice. I have developed into somewhat of a homebody since having Anna. :) :This Monday, I will be getting Anna's newborn photos and Alan's three year old photos taken at our house. We have a beautiful bay window in our living room that I want to take advantage of. Can't wait!

Here is this week's Darling Dozen!

Week: Fifth Week



Weight: 7 pounds and 13 ounces

Height: 21 3/4 inches

This Week's Developments: Anna should start smiling this week! I am so excited to see her beautiful smile for the first time! I will be sure to take lots of photos of it! :) Unfortunately, she should also start getting cradle cap this week as well. Ewww, I remember dealing with that with Alan! No fun!

New Achievements This Week: Anna continues to do good with a bottle. She gets one a day now, usually from Lon and they love the time they get to spend together. :) Anna also continues to shock us with her strong little neck! She loves her tummy time! She will hold her neck up for so long now! It just blows are mind that her tiny little neck can hold up that heavy of a head! What a big girl! She also has more quiet wakefulness time periods where she loves to sit and stare at our faces, studying and remembering every line and every expression. I love to watch her watch us! We also started using the Moby Wrap this week. Anna also enjoys this time we spend together. She almost never wants to get out of it lol!



How's Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding is still going great for us. I am so relieved she is not like her brother in this one aspect lol! ;) She has started cluster feeding this week so currently she nurses every half hour to two hours, for about 10-40 minutes on either side. She also likes to feed on both sides now (which I know she is supposed to already be doing that but we are proud that she has started). She is a nursing champ! Like I mentioned before, she started using the bottle a couple Saturdays ago. I started pumping then as well to prepare and now we are well stocked! Yes!

Colic: No colic as far as I know! Yes! :D

Jaundice: No more jaundice concerns either! Double yes!

Places Anna has Been: Walmart, Albertson's, Grandma Melanie's house, Grandma Amber's house, Village Inn, 5Star MMA, Pioneer Park, Applebee's, Rimrock Mall, Oasis Waterpark, Geyser Park, North Park and YMCA



Umbilical Cord: Fell off a while ago! The scab on her belly button is fully gone too! She has the cutest belly button ever too! Just like Alan's!

Bathing: We have yet to give Anna her first bath at home, but she has been washed down with a washcloth several times. We have found this way of bathing is currently more efficient for us then just putting her in water. So this will most likely be the norm for a few more weeks.

Best Moment This Week: Every moment with my babies has been amazing. :)

How's Big Brother: Alan is still doing a wonderful job at being a big brother. He always helps grab things for me while I am breastfeeding her and will even help calm her down when she is upset. He likes to sing this little song to her: "Its okay, baby girl" over and over until she stops crying. And the last week, I ran to the bathroom and had Anna in her bouncy chair. When I got back Alan was sitting in front of her, reading her his ABC book and showing her pictures. It melted my heart! :) He also learned how to put her pacifier in her mouth and how to help hold it in for her. He helps me now even when she is napping. He will help pick up his toys, help sweep, help put dishes away and help me cook!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011