What an Eventful Day!

Wednesday was a busy day for us. I had Anna's three week well baby check up at 3 pm, so I figured I would use that day to get all my errands done. We donated some of Alan's old clothes to this second hand store and took my clothes to Good Will. Then my mother and I took Uncle Kalvin, Alan and one of Uncle Kalvin's friends to a couple of parks.

We first went to Pioneer Park but that was kind of a flop lol. We didn't want to swim because the wading pool was pretty full and it was fully in the sun. So we decided to let the boys play on the playground. Grandma Melanie snuggled up in the shade with Miss Anna while I took the boys out to run free. The playground was way too hot from sitting in the sun all day. The only place the boys wanted to play was underneath the playground in the sand. They played like that for quite sometime until they got bored.


I decided to take the boys on a little adventure along the creek. So we walked over to the bridge and then down a dirt path (Uncle Kalvin called it his trail lol) to the little dam and waterfall. Then the boys convinced me to take them down past the folf course to the second bridge. We then walked all the way down to the bigger dam, all the way we were jumping over the creek and back lol. Then we played in the baseball pit for a bit and headed across the field back to where Grandma and Anna where sitting. By that point, it was time to go to Anna's appointment.


Anna's appointment went awesome. Anna now weighs 7 pounds and 10 ounces and is 21 3/4 inches long. Her doctor said that she looked perfect right now and that all we should think about is Vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D doesn't occur naturally in breast milk, so I have to give her supplements for it. No biggie, just never went through that with Alan because he was already supplemented with formula. She also warned us about the "3 week cry period" as she calls it. From now until she is about six weeks old, Anna may cry for no reason lol. Yup, we are already experiencing that lol!

After her appointment, we took the kids to North Park to play some more. The playground there was covered in shade and was much cooler, so that was a major plus. The boys played all over while I watched them. Alan had a blast playing with them and I enjoyed watching him interact with the older boys. But then Anna needed to eat, so I had to take shelter in the van with the AC on lol. Grandma took over and let the boys play in the water park. They got completely soaked in their own clothes lol, but they cooled themselves way down and had a good time. That's all that matters, right? :)


Even though it was a hot day, we still made it fun! I'm glad the boys were able to go to two parks today and that Anna gained so much weight! She is now only three ounces smaller than Alan was when he was born. Grow girl, grow! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011