Mother's Day Week: Happy Mother's Day!




Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.




Motherhood is a very special thing to me and it has only seemed to become more special as I am awaiting the birth of my third child Anna. This will be my fourth Mother's Day I have celebrated myself and I feel as though today is more of a day of reflection than anything. I have been reflecting a lot lately on my journey as a mother and how I have changed. In the past three years, I have grown so much as a woman and I will only continue to grow. I believe their is no such thing as the perfect mother, a perfect mother is always developing and changing with her children. After all, your children are growing and developing, shouldn't you be to adapt to them? :)

I have always wanted to be a mother, as far back as I can remember. Whenever someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my first answer was always a mother. I feel like children are such a gift of love and innocence, they are such blessings to the world. I think that my mother was a great example of motherhood for me growing up and that she helped shape me into the mother I am today.



I found this on deviantART and I just love it!


Now normally I am not interested in receiving materials for Mother's Day because I am Buddhist and do not feel that something bought is essentially worthy enough of a gift for a mother on this day. Being a mother is such a tough, frustrating, important, beautiful, amazing thing that just going out and buying something for your mom seems so petty in comparison. Does that make sense lol? I'm not trying to bash on anyone who buys their mothers gifts either, I have just always found myself preferring something hand made or just love in general. I do not complain when I receive gifts though because that would be rude. But because we are saving up for Anna's arrival this year, I specifically asked Lon to not spend any money on me for Mother's Day. I want just him and Alan, and their unconditional love. He protested this, saying that I do so much for the family I deserve more. So I asked him for three things: To take the whole day off of work to spend with me, to take out the garbage lol, and to go with me to Jessica's wedding. He agreed that even those these were silly things, he would do them.

I want to wish all the mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day. You are all such hard workers, you deserve this day to spend with your loved ones! Hope its a great one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011