The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 31 *With Update on Midwife Appointment*

Only nine more weeks left until she's here and we are officially in the hot part of the pregnancy. Ugh, I have just been dying lately. Its been a balmy 80 degrees out all week and it seems like no matter what I do to cool down, it doesn't work lol. I just become hot and sweaty again in two minutes. Oh well lol. :P My baby shower is Sunday and all this week we are scrambling to get everything ready for it. We are expecting around fifty people to show up. Lon is looking into buying us a Jeep Cherokee, he brought it home last night as a surprise for me. I got to use it all day today running errands and let me tell you, even though it is way bigger than I am used to and really LOUD, I think it is one of the safest vehicles we have ever owned. The Cadillac is the only thing that comes close. Sooooo, who knows if we will get it or not!!! But I like it lol! :D I also had my midwife appointment today, I will post more about that afterwards.

But for now, here's this week's Pregnancy Post! Enjoy!









How far along: 31 weeks and 3 days

Size of Baby: 3 pounds 8 ounces and 17 inches long or the size of a

Developments of Baby: New to this week, baby girl can turn her head from side to side. Her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. Her lungs continue to develop, soon they will be fully developed and she could potentially survive out to the womb. But not yet! :) 

Weight Gain: Back up to ten pounds this week! Yes!

Belly Button In or Out: Still in but its getting closer and closer to popping out everyday. Ewwww lol! Lon told me he was going to push it in if it popped out lol. I told him I would probably hit him if he did, its already super sore! :P

Maternity Clothes: Hardly any this time around still. Just work pants and jeans really. I think I own two pairs of maternity pants, one pair of shorts and three maternity shirts. Everything else is my regular clothing!

Morning Sickness: None today but it has been off and on all week. Hoping that it will stop soon as Anna starts to drop more.

Stretch Marks: No new stretch marks to be found so far! :D

Labor Signs: Anna is really low and I have slight pelvic stretching pains. She is also still head down, which is awesome. And I am still getting those lovely Braxton Hicks contractions. Oh joy lol! 

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: Anna is really into fighting stuff this week. If anything touches my belly, she will punch or kick at it, even if she was just asleep moments ago lol. Its crazy! 

Sleep: I have been sleeping like a baby this week, well when I actually get to sleep. I still am up from 3 to about 6 every morning and then sleep again til about 9.

Best Moment This Week: Anna fighting the heart monitor at the midwives this week. She literally bounced it off of my belly!

What I miss: Not being so hot all the time. I feel like my husband, the furnace again! Said that last time when I was pregnant with Alan too! He just makes hot children lol! :P

Food Cravings: Dr. Pepper, Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: Eggs, my husband's beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, french fries or tator tots, pasta and most similar carbs, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!) and light Braxton Hicks contractions, slight pelvic pains

What I’m looking forward to: Seeing all of my loved ones at my baby shower this Sunday. Even Aunt Natalie will be in town! Yes!

What I'm not looking forward to: Next week's Iron blood test. Ick!

I had my midwife appointment today and I am happy to say that it went a lot better than the last one. I gained a pound this time around, bringing me back to my original ten pounds I have gained. The midwife I was scheduled with today was Pamela and she was quite pleased with my accomplishment, even though it was so minor. She asked me about my diet the last two weeks and I told her about how I had been obsessing over gaining weight. She told me not to get discouraged and keep working on it, because technically I am almost at that point were I should be gaining a pound a week. Then she listened to Anna's heart beat, which was a healthy 140 beats per minute. Anna didn't like her listening in, so she kneed the monitor real hard and bounced up Pamela's hand lol! Pamela said she had never had a baby do that before lol. Too funny! Anna is still head down and Pamela said that they would check for dilation until after the 36th week but if I was dilated at all, it was not a concern as of now. And I am measuring correctly again this week, right at 31 weeks like I should be. Then she told me about my Iron blood test next appointment, ugh. But everything else looked great! Yay! No stressing this week (hopefully)!

Here are my belly pics. Like how I am wearing the same outfit as last week? Yeah totally didn't do that on purpose lol.

31 weeks and 3 days



If you liked this post and this blog, please click on the link below to vote for my blog at Top Baby Blogs. I have moved up again over the week to Number 268, yes! Thanks to everyone who is voting for me!  You are all awesome!


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011