Mother's Day Week: The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 30

I have only ten more weeks left? Wow this is just crazy how fast this pregnancy is going! Our baby shower is in less than two weeks and then its time to set up the nursery! :D I feel like we won't have enough time, but keep reminding myself that we were even further behind at this point with Alan and we did just fine. I just need to concentrate on keeping my stress level down. No midwife appointment this week, which I am okay with. I want to surprise them next week with an awesome weight gain! Let's put on some weight Anna! :D

As Delivery Day approaches, I tend to think a lot about being a mother of two and the challenges it brings. I have a few friends who are also moms of two and from what I have gathered it is easier once the older sibling is a little older. Somedays I feel like Alan is the perfect age to be Anna's big brother, but other days I feel like we might have just barely missed the cut. Like he might just barely be too young. Those days, I remind myself that my mom did it (my sister Natalie and I were exactly 2 years and 10 months apart too) and that other moms have done it with even younger older siblings. I think I will do okay. The housework might suffer for the first few weeks, but I am confident that both my children will be cared for and loved. And that's really the important thing right? :)

Here's this week's Pregnancy Post!








How far along: 30 weeks and 3 days

Size of Baby: 3 1/2 pounds and 17 inches long or the size of a head of cabbage

Developments of Baby: Baby girl is starting to shed her lanugo in preparation for delivery. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision, which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. This is the week of the brain, in a sense lol. Baby girl is not growing taller or putting on any weight this week because her focus is on her brain development. Her brain is starting to wrinkle and fold, this makes more space for brain cells and neurons to grow.

Weight Gain: Now only nine pounds. :(

Belly Button In or Out: Still in but its getting closer and closer to popping out everyday. Ewwww lol!

Maternity Clothes: Hardly any this time around still. Just work pants and jeans really. I wore a maternity shirt the other day though! It fit me like a regular shirt lol.

Morning Sickness: Have had morning sickness almost every morning this week. It starts up around four in the morning and lasts til around noon. Blah I have been so tired!

Stretch Marks: No new stretch marks to be found so far! :D

Labor Signs: Anna actually dropped last night after Alan and I walked home from work. My pelvis was on fire and I could barely walk. It lasted until about eleven this morning, when another pregnant mama suggested I do some pelvic tilts to move her. She moved, thank goodness lol! She is also already head down and has been for about two weeks. Yes! :D Otherwise, I have been only having Braxton Hicks contractions when I walk a lot.

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: She is still moving all the time and it feels already like she has no space. My belly feels like a popcorn machine when she wiggles! She reacts to just about everything now too. Anything that she hears or that touches her makes her move.

Sleep: It has pretty much been the same as last week. I wake up normally between three and five every single morning now, but I make sure to get a morning nap in so lately it hasn't been too terrible. 

Best Moment This Week: When Lon was trying to sing Anna to sleep by humming on my belly, and she kicked him right in the nose several times and then tried to push his face away! She is quite the little diva lol!

What I miss: Seeing my feet lol. :P

Food Cravings: Dr. Pepper, Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: Eggs, my husband's beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, french fries or tator tots, pasta and most similar carbs, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!) and light Braxton Hicks contractions, slight pelvic pains

What I’m looking forward to: Hearing that I have gained some weight at my next midwife appointment.

What I'm not looking forward to: Nothing really this week.


Here are this week's belly shots. They were taken yesterday actually instead of today for once lol! How weird! :)


Tune in tomorrow to read my post about the history of Mother's Day. Should be interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011