Mother's Day Week: Ode to My Mother

My mother. She is a strong and wonderful woman. I admire her so much.

My mom, me and my dad at my wedding


For those of you who don't know her, let me tell you a little about my mother. She has been a teacher since I was six months old, and currently teaches first grade at Orchard Elementary. I may be somewhat biased but I think she is one of the best teachers around. I have seen her many times with her students (and have heard her talking about them) and the dedication she has for each kid just amazes me. Its like they are her own children. What a great teacher she is. :)

My mom has five children, four biological and one adopted. My brother Darren, me, my sisters Natalie and April, and my baby brother Kalvin. I think she is the best mom to us, she would do anything for our happiness and has always been there as our main supporter. My mom is like a super mom, even now when most of her children are grown up. On a daily basis, she will get April and Kalvin to all of their many activities, such as dance and football, and still finds time to help watch Alan for me. She keeps tabs on us older children too and is always willing to help us with our adult struggles.

My family, circa 2008

Speaking of Alan, my mom is the perfect grandmother to him. She was in the delivery room when he was born and was one of the first people to see him. And since he was a year old, she has helped me babysit him every weeknight so I can also work. She spoils him rotten with clothes and treats and toys and love. He will always be her baby boy. Alan sure adores his grandma too. He loves her almost as much as he loves his own mama.

Alan and my mom, enjoying our wedding cake

I love my mom so much. I hope her Mother's Day is a peaceful, relaxing and nice as mine is. :) Knowing my family though, I dunno how well that will work out lol. Oh well, happy Mother's Day mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011