Five Question Friday!! October 12, 2012

I am pretty excited for this weekend. We should hopefully get a call from our new landlord, sign the lease to the new place, and start moving in tomorrow or Sunday!! Yay, so very excited!! Saturday is also Maddie's baby shower at my aunt's house. I am excited for this too. I made her little boy (they are going to name him James, so sweet) several cupcake onesies to go with the diaper cake my mother had made for her. And Anna has a onesie to wear that goes with the theme of the party! Winnie the Pooh! It should be a lot of fun for everyone.

As for today, there's not too much going on here. Just packing the last of the stuff we do not need on a daily basis and some more cleaning. But tonight we might go over to my parent's to see everyone off. My father, April and Kalvin are going to visit Natalie in Missoula. They are going to her homecoming football game with her. Oh so fun! I want to do that with the kids one year! We always wear maroon that day but it would be so cool to actually go be a part of all of that excitement. I love college football in the fall!

Here is this week's Five Question Friday!


Did you have any homecoming traditions?
Do you mean like football homecoming, like I was talking about above? Beause yes, I used to. My friends and I would always get together before the game to deck out in our colors and pregame. Yeah, I used to be a pregamer lol. Feel free to shake your head and judge me. :P

As for homecoming as in people arriving after being away from home for sometime? I do not have any specific traditions for that because we do not have family leaving home for periods of time (except for Natalie who moved for college). But I would probably plan a dinner party, welcome home party sort of thing for them. Which we will probably do if Natalie moves back home after college. I do not think she will though. She loves Missoula.

Do you ask your spouse before spending money?
We consult each other before making purchases but no, there is no asking for money. I am not a materialistic person at all and Lon knows this, so if I spend money, its on a neccessity or something for the kids. He is the main money maker in our family (he has two jobs and works 14+ hours a day, while I work 4 hours a week) so I do try and be polite about asking for money. But its in no way like an allowance or some silly thing like that. We are adults here. :)

If you could be famous for something what would it be?
Ever since I was little, I wanted to be well known for my dance and my choreography. Not famous maybe (I hate the word famous) but I want to be known for my work. Like Mia Michaels.

I am not so into that nowadays, I understand that the importance is in the individual piece and not the popularity of it. Now I am more into telling a story with my work or conveying a certain emotion.

Have you ever seriously thought you were going crazy?
I did, for a while there. After having Alan, I suffered real bad from postpartum anxiety disorder and OCD. It was literally crippling for me. I would find myself curled up in a ball, crying over the silliest of stuff. I seriously thought I was insane and that I would need to be in a psyc ward without my son, but I sought help and overcame my disorder. Now that I am almost fourteen weeks postpartum with my second child, I have felt no traces of postpartum anxiety. Of this I am very grateful.

How do you eat your steak? Burger? (as in, well done, medium, still moo-ing...)
I like my medium rare. I always tell the cook that I like to see a little blood. I dunno, I feel like I am a omnivore but I enjoy my meat somewhat rare. I feel like well done is too dry for me, I like the juices. :P Wow, I feel like I sound like a crazy carnivore person! But its how I like it.

******************************************************

That's all for now! Tune in later for my update on Anna. Happy packing everyone! Well only for me really!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays!! April 5, 2012

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011

She's Back!