Belated Birthdays, Dance Competition and the Circus

I usually always love the weekend. Lon is off most weekends, as are my family and friends. I only have to host parties at my work, which is really fun. And I always try to take the kids to do something fun. This weekend though was exceptionally awesome and fantastic! My family and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Friday night, I went out with some of my friends for two of their birthdays. My friend Kelsie and I had missed both DesiRae and Chelsey's birthdays last month so we took them out for dinner and drinks. Chelsey's best friend Nichole and her fiance came too. She was Chelsey's maid of honor and I knew her from all of the wedding events. It was great to see her again.

We were originally meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings but the wait was too long so we met up at a sportsbar instead. I was driving so I only treated myself to a caffienated drink this time. I never need alcohol to have fun anyways. :) I had a blast just being myself. Plus when I start to bore myself, even just a little, my friends will ALWAYS be there to keep me entertained lol. I have some silly girlfriends. They are great but man can we be ridiculous and loud lol!

Let me talk to you about my friends here: unfortunately, two of our group didn't make it out tonight but that doesn't mean we love them any less. In fact, it means we miss them and our hearts are calling out to them lol! :) Anyways, I love these gals, most of us have known each other, in one way or another, since we were itty bitty. Chelsey and I used to dance together. Kelsie and I used to do dirt biking with our dads in the same area. Jessica and I went to school together. Chelsea and used to take tap together. We are close, like real close, like text you at 3 AM and not get mad close. I love these girls like my sisters. And we are all so lucky that we have each other too, because our children are all the same age! We can all relate so well! I am so blessed to have so many friends!


Another amazing note about Friday night: Aunt April blew everyone away with her solo at the dance competition! She received a lightning gold (highest mark) and fourth overall for teen solos. She also received a scholarship to Las Vegas! I am so very proud of her! Good job April! You are a star! <3
We went to the circus Saturday night. I was exhausted from a long, stressful day at work and couldn't wait to have some fun with my kids. We were late getting there, so we had to sit apart from Aunt April, Uncle Kalvin and cousin Morgan. The circus was pretty good this year, the first half was full of color and excitement. They had tigers and puppies, acrobats and clowns. Even the big spinning wheel and the tight rope walkers! Those are my favorite! I'm not sure who was more fascinated by the whole performance, Alan or Anna lol.


During intermission, Alan and I went to have dinner and get a toy. Alan picked one of the big light sabers with a disco ball on the end. He won't put it down now lol! The second half was awesome. With a BMX biker, jugglers, elephants, more acrobats and clowns it was very entertaining! I don't know what I enjoyed more, watching the childrens' expressions or the actual show.


Sunday was Anna's nine month birth anniversary and the last day of Aunt April's dance competition. I took Anna's photos that morning, then the kids and I went to support Aunt April and Diversity Dance Studio. I forgot to bring Alan's LeapPad this time, so he was a wild man lol. Running up and down the aisles and only stopping to watch Aunt April dance. My mom and ended up sitting way far away from each other so we could pin Alan in a smaller area. He enjoyed it for a bit. After a bit, he crawled into my lap and fell asleep lol. Poor guy must've been tired! :)

Aunt April and her friends did fantastic at competition. They won top studio! I was able to watch four of her dances, including By My Side again and Mama Knows Best. I believe they received mostly high golds and lightning golds for their dances but cannot remember exactly. I was also able to watch a few of my former students perform. I love to watch them dance and she how much they have grown! They have blossomed into beautiful young dancers!

I had a fantastic weekend with my family. Yesterday wasn't too bad either lol. It snowed though! What a crazy gift for Mother Nature to give Aunt April for her birthday! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011