A Letter to My Children

Dear sweet children of mine,

I am in no way perfect. I am only human.

I sleep through alarms and make us late. I forget appointments because I forgot to put them in my calendar. I overdo it majorly by attempting a fancy meal and messing it up, then have you still eat the burned dinner. I have no idea how to match colors, which is crazy because I am an artist. Still your wardrobes rival mine most days with how much better coordinated they are than mine. I do not remember for the life of me where I put things sometimes, even though they are right under my nose. I am loud, like annoying LOUD, like all the time lol. I have been told before that I don't understand the concept of indoor voices. I can get frustrated easily and blame stuff on inanimate objects. When it comes to pictures, I borderline papparazzi.  I drop things easily, trip and fall, I'm an all around klutz. And don't get me started on being cool, this gal here is the polar OPPOSITE of cool yo. I am one weird cookie.

But I am your mother. I will love you endlessly and unconditionally.

And I will always be there for you. No matter what. I will never ever leave your side. I will do everything I can to make you happy. And I will be strong for you when you are sad. I will teach you everything I know and never not answer your many, many questions. I will teach you what is right and what is wrong. And I will show you how to love your fellow man. But I will also let you be your own person and learn your own mistakes. I will always be there to catch you when you fall. :)

I promise to be that goofy, crazy mom you will love as a baby, tolerate as a child, hate as a teenager and love again as an adult. I will make sure you are doing well in school and being safe with your friends. I will be your loudest cheerleader, your biggest fan and your number one supporter. I will make sure you eat healthy and go to bed at a decent time.

I am all these things but first I am your mother. And I will always be your mother because I love you.

I love you Alan and Anna, to the ends of the world and back.

Love, your beloved mother <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011