Arbor Day Plans

Arbor Day is a month away from tomorrow (April 29). Every year, I like to go and plant a tree somewhere with friends and family. The last seven years I've been planting trees at my father's friend's land. I recently came across a website that shocked me. I didn't ever think that websites would have a carbon footprint, but logically it does. So this year, I wanted to plant a tree to reduce the carbon footprint my family's blog makes. Here are the facts, courtesy of Mach's grĂ¼n the creators of My Blog is Carbon Neutral initiative-

Did you know??? According to a study by Alexander Wissner-Gross, PhD, an average website causes about 0.02g (0,0008oz.) of carbon dioxide for each visit. Assuming an average blog gets 15,000 visits a month, it has yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 3,6kg (8lb.). This can mainly be tracked back to the immense energy usage from (mainframe) computers, servers, and their cooling systems.

But last summer, my father's friend's land was sold. I currently have no where to plant my Arbor Day tree, but I am still planning to plant one. But the holiday is coming up and I am starting to think it might not happen this year. :\ I still continue to search (and would love and suggestions) and I was very pleased to read that as a part of the My Blog is Carbon Neutral Initiative the organization plants a tree in the Plumas National Forest, located in northern California. So I am content if I am not able to find a place this year, and will just vow to plant two next year, hopefully in our own backyard! :)

I urge you to please check out this site if you have a blog or website. ----------------->

co2 neutral with kaufDA.de - local offers and coupons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011