Sometimes when people ask me how many kids I have, I go with the cliche joke of most wives (MY MOM) and say, "I have two- my son and my husband." I often do feel like my husband is just another kid in the house- I have to drag him out of bed in the morning and yell at him to go to sleep at night, I have to remind him to do his "chores" around the house, I have to schedule all his appointments and remind him to go to them, I have to make sure he takes his medicine, and one of the most difficult I've found: I have to make sure he gets in his daily nutrients. This is particularly difficult because I have one of the most pickiest eaters ever! He doesn't like vegetables, most fruit, only really likes beef or chicken or pork, won't eat any leftovers (he thinks they're gross), and wants to survive only off of candy, pop and chips, etc. So I am always trying to find ways to slip in the nutrients he needs. For example, last night I made vegetable and meat spaghetti. I had bought a bunch of vegetables at the beginning of the pay period, and they still hadn't been eaten. So I developed this awesome recipe that totally gets your "kids" their proper servings of vegetables, grains and meat. I'm not very good at writing recipes, so bear with me lol! :)
Vegetable and Meat Spaghetti
Ground burger (I say this instead of beef, because we normally use hunted meat)
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Chop up all your vegetables in to small diced pieces. Slice your basil leaves into thin slices. Shred some Parmesan cheese (unless you buy yours pre-shredded, we sometimes like to do it ourselves). Mix all the vegetables together and put everything aside. Put a pot of water on to boil for the noodles.
2. Brown your burger in a skillet. Mix in garlic powder, basil leaves, and pepper while it browns. Drain all the grease and put the burger aside (with a paper towel on top and bottom of it, to absorb the last of the grease).
3. Mix can of tomato paste with water on stove. Put all your vegetables in the sauce and some more garlic powder. Keep sauce on low and continue stirring every few minutes until noodles are done.
4. At this point, the water should be boiling. Break your spaghetti noodles in half (Its easier for toddlers and young children to eat, without needing to cut their spaghetti!) and stick them in the water.
5. Once the noodles are fully cooked, put your meat in the sauce. I'm a weirdo who really likes to get ALL the grease out, so I like to put my meat in last. That way it has all the time it needs to absorb. :) Drain your noodles and serve.
My boys just chowed down this meal. And then after dinner, my husband asked me what all was in it lol. I told him "just meat and sauce and noodles" lmao! He hates carrots, onions and zucchini- I totally got him to still eat it though! Go me lol, sneakiest moms ever... Well one of them! :P
I have this renewed obsession with Daft Punk. I mean, I've loved the band since the nineties (Oh yeah baby, I was in totally junior high jamming out to "One More Time" all itty bitty like lol) but this week all I can listen to (or think about lol) is Daft Punk. Their music is revolutionary. I love their helmets. Their music videos are awesome. I recently saw one of their live performances on YouTube (my other addiction lol). Can I say WOWZERS?!?!?!??!?!?! They look so bad ass live! If you didn't know, I'm a total raver lol. I mean I LOOOOOOVE to dance and jam for hours upon hours. :D Festivals are my life, there's nothing better than feeling that music pound through your ears and body. <3 And oh my goodness, watching this video of them live makes me want to go dance all night long!!! I just have to see them live!! AHHHHHHHH! :D I'll post it so everyone can get the effect. Doesn't it just make you want stand up and start dancing? I can't stay seated. :)
I just looked at their website and though there is news that Daft Punk will be touring in 2011 and 2012, there are no dates yet. :( So I will just have to continue to love my DP from afar... Oh how I miss going to live concerts! Lon says that this summer Alan will be old enough to go to outdoor concerts with us though, I am super excited! Contemplating on taking him with us on our honeymoon when we go to a festival. But then it wouldn't make it a true honeymoon, so...
I was driving this afternoon and the weather was nice, so we had our windows down. I came up on a hill and once I got to the top, I was able to see past the city and spot the mountains off in the distance. This made my heart long for the mountains, the wilderness. The winters haven't been too good to us this year, and with Alan still only a toddler, we weren't able to get outside as much as I liked. I miss being outdoors so badly and even more so being in the wilderness. I wish to be outside, in the middle of the forest, away from all cities and humans. I long to feel the wind in my hair, the sun on my skin, and to run through the forest like wolves, the way we used to I was a child. I'm so gosh darn tired of people, and humanity, and everyday life lately. I just want to go live with the wolves. Anyone who'd like to can join me, there's only one rule: No unnatural negativity or conflict. I'm done with that for now.