Five Question Friday! September 28, 2012

Happy Friday everyone! I just cannot believe that tomorrow I will have a twelve week old. She is getting so big so fast, it is just crazy to me. Today I am subbing as an art teacher at the YMCA. Its only one class but it will be nice because I miss teaching art! :) There's not much else going on here, except for I was finally able to complete a load of dishes this morning! It has been a rough week for Anna for some reason (I think we might all be kinda sick with a common cold) so I have gotten NOTHING done around the house. Including the dishes lol. Fail! I also realized that this is the week that everyone in the house forgot to rinse their plates off because dishes took me around an hour to do. And Anna was not at fault. Another fail! :/ Yay, glad they are at least done!

Scratch that, I am sure that at least Lon and I have a cold. And probably Alan too... So maybe everyone but Anna? Because I have not seen any symptoms from her, except for all around colicky and anger lol. But that could be other things too. I know that I have a cold though, I have been so achy and grumpy lately. And every morning I wake up with a sore throat and a cough. I have noticed that both Alan and Lon have had coughs in their sleep as well. I have been giving Alan honey at night to help with his cough but it has not done too much. We do not take medicine either. Oh well, just gotta wait it out I suppose! This is probably just the family's annual one virus we catch lol. At least its early in the year this time! Yay positive thinking!

This weekend will also be mostly uneventful. I get to do my first birthday party since having Anna on Saturday and afterwards I have a team meeting for Color me Rad. Sunday will hopefully be spent with the family whole and at home. Lon so far does not have to work either job but you never know, things usually come up and he gets called in last minute. Keep your fingers crossed for us! Also keep your fingers crossed for us that this house goes through! We still have a few more days before we hear back on it, so make sure you keep my family in your prayers. We need all the positive energy we can get!

Here is this week's Five Question Friday!


Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly?
Drive. I am a little paranoid of planes, even though I used to fly all the time with my dance company when I was still in school. I only dealt with it then, never really enjoyed it. As an adult though, they scare me. The idea of something so big and heavy in the sky seems so unnatural to me. And all the recent plane crashes? Okay well not recent but still... no planes for this family.

With that being said, the furtherest vacation spot we would drive to with these kids right now is maybe... Townsend. Red Lodge would be more preferable lol. Because let me tell you, Anna does not like her carseat. She will scream the whole time she is in there, unless she is asleep which is hard to do and is thus usually a rare thing. So car rides to vacation spots are kinda out of the question right now. Which is just fine because currently we do not have a vehicle that could take us on the highway. Our jeep is a beater lol, and I would not trust it with my family on the highway.

If you could live any where in the world, where would you go and why?
Right where we do now, except for in a different house. I love the town we live in for several reasons. These reasons are important enough to Lon and I that we will probably never move. The main reason is because our family is mostly located in this town. My mother and father live here as well as most of my siblings. The same goes for Lon. I also have a handful of aunts, uncles and cousins who live here as well. It is nive to be close to all of them.

But let me give you an idea of my dream house for my family right now:

A two bedroom one bathroom house, on the smaller side so I do not have alot of space to clean. I want it to be a color of some sort, like blue or green, but definitely not a white house. A decent front yard but a HUGE fenced-in backyard. Several trees in each yard with one big tree in the front, and preferably some bushes and a gardening area. An attached garage with a long driveway for riding bikes. Inside there is a big living room with a dining room area attached. The kitchen has a double sink set up and a dishwasher. Downstairs is unfinished but has laundry room with washer and dryer. We would turn other unfinished room into winter time "outdoor" play area. Back upstairs, the two bedrooms are in short walking distance of each other (like under ten steps). The bathroom is by the bedrooms NOT the kitchen, like its set up at this apartment.

Aah, I hope this new place is at least close to my dream house! Lon is going to see it for the first time tonight! It sounds very close to it! :D Keep those fingers crossed!

Should grown women wear leggings?
I don't see why not. I do not personally own a pair of leggings myself but I know that both of my sisters are pretty big legging wearers and they are 20 and 13 years old. So as long as you (and this is the KEY here) wear them the appropriate way for your body type, then there should be no issue. But yes, the women who wear them as bottoms (leggings are like tights people, do not wear them ALONE) or who wear leggings three sizes too small, are inappropriate and thus disgusting. Come one people, have some common sense please. If your mother is going to be embarrassed to go out with you, do not wear it in public! Children are EVERYWHERE!!!

Okay, okay, rant done...

If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be?
I would not. I used to have problems with my name when I was younger, you know typical teenage angst, but as an adult I really like my name. I feel like my parents put alot of thought and love into choosing my name as well as each of my siblings' names. I almost feel that it would offend insult my parents and their gift of love. I would be sad if one of my children changed their names. You know, your name is the first gift your parents give you. And mine was pretty well thought out. Jillian means youthful. I like the idea of them naming me after this quality, I feel that I will be youthful even at an old age. June is after my Great Grandmother June on my mother's side of the family. I also like this because my daughter is also named after her great grandmother. June is also a summer month. Summer is the season I was born and by far my favorite season.

So no, even I could change my name to any other name, I would not. I like my name and love my parents for giving it to me.

What magazines to you have subscriptions to?
Parents magazine and our local Simply Family magazine. Yeah, only boring family magazines lol. :P  Its quite a change from the Alternative Press and Dance Spirit magazines I subscribed to when I was younger lol. But every now and then, I pick up a copy of either one of those just for old times sake. Ah, nostalgia. :)

********************************************

I hope that everyone has a fantastic weekend! Please keep my little family in your positive daily thoughts! We thank you endlessly! Peace and love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011