Sick Again, Darn!

I finally was fed up with Anna's nurses telling me she just had a cold over the phone when I knew it was something else. Call it motherly instinct, but I think the fact that I had spent the past few nights sleeping on the hardwood floor next to my daughter's bouncing chair just to keep it bouncing because she could not comfortably sleep in her own bed and was still waking up every few minutes to cough might have clued me in also. Maybe just a little lol. So I caved and took her in to see the doctor yesterday.

Let me tell you a little something about doctors and I. Being the naturalist that I am, I just plain do not like doctors and do not always agree with them. My personal philosophy is most ailments can be taken care of by drinking more water. We are mostly liquid creatures afterall, most of our ailments root from dehydration or lack of water intake. The next step is food and nutrition. When it comes to me, personally, I will do just about anything to get out of going to the doctor lol. My children are different though. I do my best to keep them out of the doctor's office but if they need to go in, I will not hesistate to take them in. Regardless, this trip was not happily antcipated.

I had both children with me and Alan was insistent on us going to the mall play area instead of Anna's doctor appointment. It was somewhat of a struggle getting inside there because of this. There may or may have not been some bribing of candy lol. :P Don't judge. They were very busy today and did not have time to weigh her. Darn, I was hoping to see if she had gained any weight since last month! I am pretty sure she has, I will just have to weigh her later at my parent's house. We got checked into our little room and while waiting, I read several books to the kids. Alan is really getting into books lately, which I just love so I will gladly read him book after book after book after book lol. I was a big reader as a child and I hope to encourage that in both of my children.

Anyways, one of the books I read was An American Tail: Fievel Goes West from when I was a kid myself. Alan found it and insisted I read it first because it was a "boy book" lol, but I told him that this movie used to be my favorite when I was little like him. He really enjoyed reading it too. I will have to make a point to go find that movie now...


Did you ever read this book or see the movie when you were a kid? Love it!

After the doctor checked out Anna, she scared me a little by saying she was going to have the nurse come check her Oxygen levels. Uh, I didn't think she was THAT sick. Thankfully though, after several minutes of monitoring, her levels averaged at 91 percent. A very healthy level for a sick little girl. :) After a few more tests and some more monitoring, it was determined that she has bronchiolitis and an ear infection in her right ear. The ear infection is still in its beggining stages and she prescibed only a pain killer for her ear, no antibiotic. Same with the bronchiolitis infection, she said that it was already too far along for the medicine to be effective. But I have to do ear drops saline solution at least three times a day. This will be hell for both Mama and Baby alike. My poor girl, I have to attack her ears and nose three times a day! No fun! Her doctor also mentioned how this infection has a tie to asthma in later life, they are not sure if it causes it or is an early sign of it or what not. But that does not make me very happy. I struggled with asthma all of my childhood, it held me back from doing a lot of things that I wanted to. I hope that my daughter is not the same way!

My sweet little girl will not sleep anywhere but on me, she gets real mad whenever I put her down. I can barely go pee without starting World War 3 with my daughter. She screamed herself hoarse earlier because I had to make Alan lunch. :/ She won't even tolerate her Moby Wrap right now, I think she is already so uncomfortable that the closeness of it would only make her clausterphobic and anxious. She fought me the couple times I tried it. Currently, I am camped out on my bed with her. We are surrounded by laundry and toys from Alan, since he cannot be very far away from me either lol. Anna is finally comfortable and asleep, thank goodness! She will only sleep soundly for a few moments before being harshly interupted by coughs but she sadly enough has gotten used enough to it that she will sleep through them. As long as she is comfortable and healing, that is all I can ask.



I want this happy baby back! Where did she go?  I do miss her so very much. Please get better fast Miss Anna Ariel. Mommy and Daddy and Alan just cannot stand to see you sick like this! :(



Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Comments

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011