The End of an Era...

One of my favorite things at my favorite places in the world has been removed. It has been around as long as I can remember, since I was as young as Alan. I used to play on it as a child and now that I am a parent myself, I enjoy watching my son play on it too. But my daughter will never play on it. Because it is gone now. This makes me sad. :(

Photo cred to my cousin Ashley

The big old rusty slide at Pioneer Park has finally been taken down. It was one of the oldest pieces of playground equiptment there, one of the few left over from the original playground design. I knew that one day it would happen, I just did not realize it would be so soon. :( That was my favorite slide ever. I have memories of playing there with my friends as a child, sitting up there during lunchtime telling secrets to my BFF as a teenage, and even messing around on it as a young adult. I think I even went down the darn thing at my baby shower for Alan! It was also Alan's favorite. He has gone on it since he was eighteen months old, even though it scared me so badly lol! He loved that slide though. Sure it was old and a little rusty but as far as I could tell, there was nothing structurely wrong with it. But its gone, nonetheless. I cannot whine about it much more. It will only make Alan sadder, so instead I need to focus on the good memories we had with that slide and hope that something just as awesome goes in its place.

Rest in peace, old rusty friend. We will all miss you.








Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011