Toddler Talk Thursdays! May 25, 2011

I am very proud to say, that I am hosted in this edition's Toddler Talk Thursdays! :D Thank you to Lolo and the girls of TTT for choosing my question.



Sippy Cup Mom


This week's topic:
What is your toddler's bath time routine?

Alan loves to take baths! Its one of his favorite things to do, hop in the tub and splash for a half an hour. :) Last year, we struggled with bathing him because of his fear of running water (faucets scare him lol, poor guy!) but this year he is a fish! Don't you love how that works???

Our bath time normally starts with Alan and I going into the bathroom and turning on the faucet, then having Alan throw all his bath toys into the tub. I try to have him be in the room with me while the tub is filling, so he continues to get used to the sound it makes. Then I put in his seat and he goes in after it.

I use a cup to rinse his head, and always make it into a splashing game so he doesn't get scared. I wet his head and body and then lather on the shampoo. I wash his hair and scrub up his body. I'll let him sit in the soap for a minute and then rinse it off. Then I let him play, encouraging him to splash and kick. Every five minutes until the end of bathtime, I am sure to pour some water on him, just to rinse off any soap I missed. Then once he's been in there for a while, I get him out and dry him off. I lotion his whole body with baby lotion and put him in a sleeper (I normally go for the footed ones so his newly cleaned feet stay that way lol) and comb his blonde locks. :)

When he turns two, we will graduate from the bathtub seat and just use a slip mat in the bath tub. I'm just a paranoid mama lol and even though I'm with him the whole time he's in the tub,
I get nervous thinking about him slipping or falling over. I know, I know, I'm just crazy! :P
Idea for next week's topic:
How do you teach your toddler to properly treat animals?

Comments

  1. Thanks for the topic idea! ;)

    For our next one, I definitely want to get one of those seats. They seem so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seat never worked for us for some reason this time around. Great topic idea for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I just love this seat we have for him! We got it from a second hand store, I love that place! :) I later found out from pictures that its the same one my sister used when she was a baby! Weird huh?

    Thanks for reading and following! :) Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011