Five Question Friday! April 13, 2012

Ahhh, its Friday the thirteenth! Billings has already had their share of bad luck today, around eleven this morning there was a mass power outage that covered most of the city (our house, my parent's house, and both of our works lost power), all due to a squirrel lol. Wow can you say bad luck???? :) I am still optimistic at the day lol. This afternoon, Alan and I took that half hour walk to my parent's house that I sooooooooo badly wanted to do yesterday, and we had a great time! Alan found a pretty flower (it was a dandelion lol) and spoke to almost every dog that barked at us as we passed. He thought they were talking to him, so he held a conversation with each of them lol. Pretty sure they were just barking at us because they wanted to be out walking like we were. :)

Smelling his preeeety flower lol!

Tomorrow night, Lon and I are going out on our date for our one year wedding anniversary. We are going to my cousins' roller derby for our date lol. Not your average date, but we are pretty excited. And I am gonna dress hot... Well as hot as a six month pregnant mama can lol. :P

Here this week's Five Question Friday!!





Who mows your grass?
Our landlord lol. Its in our lease that he takes care of the yard work because let's face it, it would be almost impossible to coordinate yard duties between four different busy families lol. So I think that's why he does it himself.

Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! <--- my addition to the question)?
We did, until about last month when we started packing to move, which now has been postponed. It was located in our living room, right when you came inside our house, and was filled with wedding pictures, camera snapshots and professional family photos. I loved my picture wall so! I'm actually thinking about re-setting it up since we don't know when we will be moving now. Maybe it'll be a job for this weekend! :)

What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)
I have several books that influence my thinking the most. Two of the more obvious ones are my Buddhist mantra books, the Tao Te Ching and the Dhammapadda. They are the equivalent to a bible in my eyes. I use them everyday.




Another book that really opened my eyes to the hippie lifestyle and free thinking is the novel Into the Wild. Now most of you may have seen the movie, but there was a book first. I think the reason why it opened me up so much as a person was because it taught me that materials are nothing and love is everything. This book really was what turned me to Budhism. I have a scrappy copy of it at this point because I read it probably once a month lol.

Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?
I had awful hay fever as a child and a teenager but as I transitioned into an adult, it went dormant. As of right now, I have zero allergies and take no meds for them. Which is awesome because when I was about ten I took maybe three different things for it, with no results. Yay!

What's your go to meal to cook in an hurry?
For lunch? Probably tomato mac and grilled cheese sandwiches. But for dinner? Most likely spaghetti or a Hamburger Helper meal. Those things are last minute life savers lol!

Hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend! Tune in next week to see how my date with the hubby went! I will be sure to take lots of pictures, this should be awesome! Go K.O. Katie and Abbie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!