Five Question Friday!! April 27, 2012

Happy Friday everyone! It has been raining pretty much all day. I believe it started sometime late last night, or should I say early this morning lol. But luckily, Alan and I got the car so we were still able to run the few errands that we needed to. Tonight is also my friend Jessica's Bachelorette party, I will be stopping by to hang out and dance with the girls some.

Here is this week's Five Question Friday!






Do you make your kids finish all the food on their plates?
Well my kiddo is still only a toddler, so no I don't force him to eat everything on his plate. I do however, make a point to encourage him to try and eat a little bit of everything I give him. I have been pretty successful with this too. :)

Do you give an allowance?
Lol once again my little guy is only a toddler, so no.

But as for when he is older? Meh, probably not.

My husband and I both came from families who did not give allowances, instead rewarded us with special treats and events. I think we will continue with this parenting style for our children.

Being the Buddhist and non-materialist that I am, I do not want to encourage a desire for money at a young age. I have met children who receive allowance for their chores and have asked them if why they did the chores, all they could tell me was because of the allowance. I then asked them if they would continue to do their chores if they didn't get an allowance and they told me they wouldn't.

Now I am not saying that all children who receive allowance are like this, but I do not want to even give my children that option. I would prefer to encourage them to help out with household things and not focus too much on rewards. I like the idea of my children doing chores simply because they want to help out with the family, not because they expect a reward.

I will get off this soap box now lol, I apologize. :P I feel like I got real preachy there for a second, sorry!

Do you actually park your car in the garage?
We don't currently have a garage, though we want one soooooooooooo badly! But at our last place we did, and we parked our car in it all the time. This might mostly have been because of all the student parkers in front of our house though lol.

What is one food you will NEVER cook?
Um I dunno, I am pretty open to cooking anything really, as long as I know how to cook it or have the directions. But I guess anything that I know my family wouldn't eat? So anything odd, like seafood or Indian cuisine or something.

Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer?
Oh you know, nothing too exciting...

Just HAVING MY BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that count as exciting lol??? :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011