The Traveling Red Dress: Passing On the Love!

Its been almost two weeks since I had my photo shoot and after posting on several Traveling Red Dress forums for another worthy woman who would be willing to share their journey with my blog and I, I have found the perfect woman! She is a beautiful woman named Meghan who lives in Pennsylvania. She has three children, one of whom is physically disabled and also a set of twins. Needless to say, this woman is very deserving of her Red Dress moment and I believe that my dress is the one for her.

This is what she sent me, a quick summary of her adult life. I plan on having her write a more in depth story that I will share with you later but for now, meet Miss Meghan:

"I am the women that would love to wear your red dress. Here is my story. Shortly after my husband and I were married we decided to have a child. For 1 1/2 years we tried and was told by a really bad doctor that there was nothing wrong and to "Go home have some wine and have fun". We decided to stop trying and would find a new doctor in the new year. Three months later, and while not trying, we became pregant while on vacation. I had a wonderful pregnancy, many ultra-sounds and great prenatel care, or that is what we thougt. 


On may 16, 2001 our son was born unexpectedly with spina bifida and hydrocephalis. He was rushed to the childrens hospital an hour away. I was druged against my wishes to keep my calm. I was not out of control, just crying. Well, I remember little of the few minutes I got with my son before he was transfered. I was a new mom at 24 to a very sick baby and my life from then on would involve doctors, therapists, wheelchairs, leg braces, and other huge issues. He is now a wonderful 10 year and the apple of his moms eye but still a very physicaly disabled young man. 


My husband and I decided to waited 5 years to add to our family, because of our son, and found out it would be difficult to conceive. We found a wonderful team of doctors who diagnosed me with Poly cystic overies, this expained why I could not concieve had extra hair, could not loss weight and other "fun" issues. They worked with me to attempt to bring a child into the world. Because we could not afford ivf or other pricey options. We decided on a drug that was only cheap, $8, but had a low chance of concieving and was told by the doctor that he had only had one other women have twins on the drug and she was a twin herself so, there was a small chance of multiples. 


Well, three years and two miscarraages later I gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl. Both misarrages were single pregnancies but, I was able to carry twins to 38 weeks weighting in at 6 and 7 lbs!!! After the twins were born I found myself coming to the term that I have been depressed for a long time and have had anxiety issues for as long as I can remember. I now fight every day to be the best mom I can to my three wonderful children and not let my depression and anxiety rule my life. Thank you for reading my story."


I think she is a very strong woman and she is definitely deserving of my Red Dress. I plan on sending it to her before the end of this month and simply cannot wait to hear more from her and to see her Red Dress photos, which I am sure will be just phenomenal! Thank you Meghan for sharing your story with us, you are a strong and wonderful mother!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011