The Pregnancy Post: Week by Week! Week 28

I am officially in my third trimester! Wow this is crazy, I can't believe it is less than three months now til we get to meet our beautiful Anna! I am feeling very unprepared right now lol, but I keep reminding myself this was how prepared we were with Alan at this time.

Today was a nice 70 degree day, so Alan and I took another walk to my parent's house. We both put on shorts and headed out for some fun. Once we got outside, we discovered that it was closer to 80 degrees out lol. It was so hot! We loved the sunshine regardless. :) Alan found little pine cones today and had to bring two with him to give to Grandma and Daddy lol. I got a picture of him too. I still can't get over this haircut lol!


Here's this week's Pregnancy Post!







How far along: 28 weeks and 3 days

Size of Baby: 2 1/2 pounds and 14.8 inches long or the size of a Chinese cabbage (???)

Developments of Baby: Baby girl's survival rate outside of the womb gets better every week now. :D She's developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. She can now blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. 

Weight Gain: Now this is on my mother's scale, so I'm not sure if this is right. But a total of fifteen pounds!!!!! :D I gained FOUR pounds last week, woot! Let's hope that was right! 

Belly Button In or Out: Still in but its getting closer and closer to popping out everyday. Ewwww lol!

Maternity Clothes: Hardly any this time around. Just work pants and jeans really. In fact, both my shirt and shorts today are regular clothes and my shorts are really baggy on me!

Morning Sickness: Had bad morning sickness this morning, but otherwise this week has been okay.

Stretch Marks: No new stretch marks to be found so far! :D

Labor Signs: Only Braxton Hicks contractions when I walk a lot, but otherwise no labor signs yet! Thank goodness, Miss Anna better be full term like her brother lol!

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: Sooooooooooo much movement, and its starting to hurt more. Lon has also started saying that my alien is trying to burst out when he sees her move an arm or leg ALL the way across my belly... Yeah, that's fun lol.

Sleep: I wake up normally between three and five every single morning now, but I make sure to get a morning nap in so lately it hasn't been too terrible. Thankfully.

Best Moment This Week: All this warm weather we are having! We have already bust out the sunscreen lol! :P Love being out in the sun and all the Vitamin D I am getting!

What I miss: Not too much really. At least I can't think of anything this week... Wait, my memory! I miss having my brain lol! I am always forgetting things and having to have people remind me lol. Makes me feel like a kid again. Kinda...

Food Cravings: Dr. Pepper, Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: Eggs, my husband's beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, french fries or tator tots, pasta and most similar carbs, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!) and light Braxton Hicks contractions

What I’m looking forward to: Meeting Miss Apryl's baby boy with Alan. I am hoping to expose him to as many newborns as possible these last three months!

What I'm not looking forward to: The heat making this pregnancy icky. So far I've been lucky lol.


Here are some belly pics. The last one is of Alan kissing my belly, from my view. :D

28 weeks and 3 days


I love it when Alan kisses my belly!

I hope everyone has a great day! Tune in tomorrow for my Toddler Talk Thursday and my Earth Day posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011