The Pregnancy Post: Week 27 and the Dreaded GD Appointment

This morning I had my last four week check up with my midwives, which included the 28 week Gestational Diabetes Glucose test. *Shudders* It was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be, but I will post more on that further down.

For now, here is this week's Pregnancy Post!!






How far along: 27 weeks and 3 days

Size of Baby: 2 pounds and 14 1/2 inches long or the size of a head of cauliflower

Developments of Baby: Baby girl will start to get hiccups this week. Her brain and lungs continue to grow and develop as well. Added layers of fat are continuing to form on her body. These layers will help her regulate her temperature once outside the womb and help keep her warm.

Weight Gain: Still only at eleven pounds. My midwife and I also had the weight gain talk again today. Ugh... The only plus to this is the extra ultrasound she mentioned giving me towards the end of my pregnancy. Yay!

Belly Button In or Out: Still in but its getting closer and closer to popping out everyday. Ewwww lol!

Maternity Clothes: Hardly any this time around. Just work pants and jeans really.

Morning Sickness: We had a break through in this area this week! My doctor figured out why I have morning sickness and why no meds will work against it! Will explain more down below! :D

Stretch Marks: No new stretch marks to be found so far! :D

Gender: A Girl :D

Movement: She is a little shaker and mover! I mean this question should be, when ISN'T she moving lol!

Sleep: Sleep is better this week. I have been able to just pass out and not wake up for a while, unless I have to pee.

Best Moment This Week: Hearing Anna's heartbeat and finding out exactly where she is sitting in my belly.

What I miss: Not feeling weak all the time. I feel like a sick person, always so weak and shaky. Me no likey. At all lol!

Food Cravings: Dr. Pepper, Salmon, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, pizza, Laffy Taffy, tacos, Cool Ranch Doritios, Starburst, Skittles, Snickers, chocolate, cake lol, chai tea, milkshakes, Salt and Vinegar chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, and definitely lasanga lol!

Food Aversions: Eggs, my husband's beef jerkeys, salad or lettuce in general, french fries or tat or tots, pasta and most similar carbs, spicy or Mexican food and raw meat. Yuck to the extreme!

Symptoms: Morning sickness, feeling weak or light-headed, round ligament pain, all around exhaustion, the need to pee ALL the time lol, out of breath easily, food aversions and nausea, major forgetfulness, odd dreams, heightened sense of smell, lower back pains, cluster headaches, leg and butt cramps, overly emotional at times (gotta love pregnancy hormones!) and light Braxton Hicks contractions

What I’m looking forward to: Being off of work tomorrow and getting some much needed housework and laundry done. My landlord stopped by yesterday and I was sooooooooo embarrassed lol! He didn't even care because he knows we have a toddler and I am pregnant, but I probably apologized to that man about our mess maybe fifty times!

What I'm not looking forward to: Working tonight after getting all that blood drawn.

Here are my belly pics.

27 weeks and 3 days



So the appointment today was surprisingly a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I went in and was given the option of having orange or lime flavored. I of course chose orange, lime is nasty lol! The drink  tasted a lot better than it did last time and was way easier getting down. Then I met a new midwife, her name is Pam, and she talked with me about preparing for the third trimester. She brought up my lack of weight gain and how she and the other midwives had been researching it and had discovered something.

The reason why they think I always have morning sickness during pregnancy and why no medicine ever seems to work for me is because of the way my babies position themselves in my body. They seem to favor my stomach and will most often be found laying RIGHT on top of it. Thus squeezing anything in there out and causing morning sickness. This is good news because we know why now, but it sucks knowing that there is FOR SURE nothing they can do about it, except monitor me and baby to make sure we are growing enough. This does mean that they will have to do an extra ultrasound towards the end, which I am not complaining about lol! :)

Then she checked to see where Anna was positioned and can you guess where she was? Yep, right on my stomach. Wow! Pam measured my belly, which was right in between 27 and 28 weeks. And she listened to little Anna's heartbeat, which was a healthy 140 beats per minute. Anna was even nice to her and didn't roll away from the monitor, although she did kick it a couple times lol. :P After watching a quick video on preterm labor signs, I was sent back to the lobby to wait for my blood draw. While I was waiting, they let me pick out something small for Anna from them. There was mostly winter stuff still in the basket but I chose a cute little hat for her. I just love the colors! :)



It still felt like the longest forty minutes ever! But she finally came to get me and took me back to our room. I warned her again about my wooziness over needles and blood, and she reassured me it would be fine. She had me lay on my back and look away from her, while she prepared me. Then she told me to just start breathing slowly and clear my mind. I did that and without warning me, she began to draw my blood. This actually worked! I felt woozy and light-headed the whole time, but didn't black out. She finished and told me to sit and drink a full water bottle before standing up again. They were taking no chances this time lol.

I didn't black out though! I am so proud of myself! :) I am still feeling shaky and weak, but should be okay to go into work. I just hope its not too crazy today! Cross your fingers for me!

Comments

  1. Meghan Meredith-BurnellApril 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM

    I love all of your food cravings. I was so hugary for salmon the other day I made myself a nice fresh caught piece, from my father, even though no one else in the house was going to eat it. They had a frozen pot pie :)
    When I was pregnant with the twins my husband come home to me eatting a fresh baked (hot) whole angel food cake out of the pan. He was so kind, never said a thing just took the pan when I was done and washed it. We laugh about it now.

    So glad you found out why you had such morning sickness but, sorry to hear that there is nothing to help. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh that sounds so good! I want salmon sooooo badly lately lol! That might end up being my first Postpartum meal lol! :)

      I was snooping on your FB the other day and was looking at pics of your twins. Did you realize you had your twins like nine months before I had Alan? Lol crazy! :D

      Thank you for the compliment and for reading my post! Check out the post I did for you! :) Enjoy dear!

      Have a good day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She's Back!

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011