Four years old...

Today would be Rosalie's fourth birthday.

That is, today is the fourth year anniversary since her due date. June 10, 2007.

I like to think of it as her birthday though. It has actually helped me with my coping process, thinking of today as a day to remember her positively instead of remembering this as a day that did not come for her. I have made piece with her passing, and some day our souls will meet again.

My family has a very interesting theory about the afterlife that we like to believe. We believe that our soul becomes a energy force that can choose to embody any and all things. Its kind of like rebirth and reincarnation, only we believe that a soul can embody many different things at one time. We like to think of Rosalie as a free spirit now, able to go wherever she pleases. She will always have a place in our hearts though, I feel like she is always with me.

I hope that wherever she is, she is at peace and she is happy.

And wherever she is, she has a happy birthday.

Today Alan, Lon and I will be releasing four pink balloons into the sky for Rosalie. I will get some pictures of course, but I do not anticipate being able to post them up here. :) But I will update how it went on here and probably post some on FB. And even though money is tight here, we donated to March of Dimes in honor of her as well. I hope Rosalie is proud of the Earth gifts we got her, I know that material things are not important to her now. But I know, in my heart, that she will be happy with us helping prevent loss of other babies, in her name.

Happy fourth birthday sweet baby girl. I love you more than anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Talk Thursdays and Adventures of a SAHD

She's Back!

Top Two Tuesday!! April 19, 2011